BBC Blower Carbs

Old 10-22-2008, 05:00 AM
jreiley
MASTER BUILDER

Default BBC Blower Carbs

I'm putting together a bbc with a bds 871 blower. I would like to know what carbs I should buy for this strip only car. Dollars are a concern. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:35 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default CARBS?

Its Called a BIRDCATCHER,Made by Enderle!
If your ONLY Going to Race the Car,Do YOURSELF a HUGE Favor and Go with some Type of MECHANICAL Fuel Injection!
Dont even Think that it to Difficult to Tune,its MUCH Easier and Way Better Performance Wise!
I would Never Put a Carb on a Supercharger!But,Thats ME?????????
I would Be Willing to Help you in any way i can!!!
Later
G 8)
Old 10-26-2008, 04:03 AM
jreiley
MASTER BUILDER

Sure wish I would have seen your post a few days ago, prior to spending 2k+ on carbs. Be that as it may, if it's really that adviseable to go injection, point me where to go.
Thanks
Jim
Old 10-26-2008, 01:27 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

yep, if you spent 2k on carbs, you would have been way better off to put a enderle birdcatcher on a 496 with the 8-71 i believe you have. if it is a strip only car are you running alcohol threw the carbs?
Old 10-26-2008, 01:57 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

kwracing hit on it...are you planning on running Alcohol ?..if not the carbs may not be the bad choice here if not the only choice...problem with trying to run alcohol thru carbs for a supercharger is that they simply cannot keep up with the amount of fuel you would have to throw at them with a mechanical pump, those little accelerator pumps can only do so much..

But if your running gas ( i assume you are)..Don't sweat spending the 2k for carbs..you can get it to run decent...maybe not the way to go for many but will work and run decent if tuned properly.

[/img]

[/img]

here are a copule of pics of some ALochol blown injected cars i owned in he past
Old 10-26-2008, 03:11 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

bjuice, you have two nice blown injected cars there!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 04:05 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

thanks..i sold both of them..the small block Nova was a 383ci stage 4 Blower w/ 14mm drive, enderle Birdcatcher,enderler cam driven 110 pump.

the 23 T altered was a 572ci 1471 Littlefield, Enderle Birdcatcher,enderle 1100 mechanical pump,pro-mag ignition..

both were thumpers.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-27-2008, 07:10 AM
jreiley
MASTER BUILDER

The car is on gas. So maybe I'm not so bad off. That I'm glad of. I'm only gong to run 900 to 1100 horse. The bottom end won't hold any more and I doubt if the tranny will either. I'd like to get any pointers on tuning this thing. I've been away from racing for a long time.
Thanks.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:14 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jreiley
The car is on gas. So maybe I'm not so bad off. That I'm glad of. I'm only gong to run 900 to 1100 horse. The bottom end won't hold any more and I doubt if the tranny will either. I'd like to get any pointers on tuning this thing. I've been away from racing for a long time.
Thanks.
No problem. to start with who built the carbs ? and what kind of fuel system you have in place ?..2nd what type of cam you got in her ? and what type of exhaust.

these are all crutial bullet point areas...the car will not run worth a dang if one of these 3 areas are in left field.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-27-2008, 04:38 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

what kind of carbs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -