Bolt on Mods To a 1992 Chevy Sport 1500 5.7 tbi Anyone ????

Old 10-17-2008, 01:47 PM
jakedog3
APPRENTICE

Default Bolt on Mods To a 1992 Chevy Sport 1500 5.7 tbi Anyone ????

hey just got a 1992 chevy sport ( sharp little truck ) 1500 shortbox 2 wheel drive, I was gonna buy the tbi induction kit which includes the tbi spacer,aircleaner spacer,tbi injector spacer, k&n filter and a new air tube with less resrtictions, this stuff really do anything is the question???

I was gonna put headers on and a computer chip also, the truck does already have flowmaster exhaust, and the rearend is posi with 3.73 gears.

just wondering what anyone thought?????? i planned on just goin to the local track in street class with this setup just to have some fun!!!!

let me know any input would be muchly appreciated!!!! thanks gotta love racing junk, i know my wife doesnt because i'm here all the time!!!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Howdy... sounds like you are doing many of the bolt-on improvements. As you are probably aware, you are limited by an ECU, emissions, a plethra of various sensors, & modern fuel system, etc... with out converting the ignition system, fuel & internal components of your motor you seem to be doing all the available things. I would attack the sytem you have w/ a chip for sure, TB mods, intake, etc... on the 700R4, you might consider a stall & a corvette servo, combined with shift kit. Maybe just do all your bolt-ons w/ the motor & then attack your transmission more.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:51 PM
A96LT1355Z28
APPRENTICE

You might also consider headers. Look into some suspension, and tires, traction is going to be your biggest obstical. Otherwise sounds like your on the right path! Good Luck.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:45 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

i have been talking to turbo city about doing a computer and new tbi stuff for a 388" sbc, but i am nervous about spending the $1400 on a tbi set up that is limited to 400hp and possible problems. I am really interested in seeing what others have to say about the tbi upgrades too