Dang !..gettin old is tough

Old 10-14-2008, 05:48 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Dang !..gettin old is tough

i am still pretty good on the phyiscal side as in the Toby KEITH song."Im not as good as i once was but im as good once as i ever was"...
With this said..i still work off the floor putting in tranmissions etc..can't get the car up but so high on the jack stands..slide the tranny under tipping it left to right etc..the i grab it by the input shaft and the tail shaft and do a modifed bench/shoulder press to get it up onto a tranny jack...i got to get it the 1st time or no- more than twice or i have to take a breather...lol....

anyhow i nailed it under 2 trys..i was excited!..i was moving quick..got the tranny jacked up..placed on the dial pins. slide the cross member under the bottom...went up to check the end play in the converter..and AWWWWW---NAWWWWW...forgot to slide the converter on the input shaft when i had her at ground level.. :twisted: :twisted: :roll:

thought i would share my BRAIN FART with you guys today... ops:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-14-2008, 06:15 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Oh no thats sucks Brian,I'd laugh,but I could be the very next guy to do that :P
Old 10-14-2008, 06:27 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default brain fart

hey brian been there done that one . one of those "duh" moments! but i bet youve done this one as well. i was swapping the engine on the funny carand installed the mid plate[hey no laughing!] put the engine in the frame rails,bolted the bell housing up while checking the spacing and the alignment of the convertor got it all bolted up and went to install the starter[hey i told you guys "no laughing!!!!!] and you guessed it the hole for the starter was on the other side and i used the hole to bolt the convertor up with!!!! nopw thats a 50 yr old brain fart lol.... at least no one was there to "witness" my great adventure lol anyone else????? mike in the desert
Old 10-15-2008, 04:30 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I once worked my tail off putting the motor and trany in my chevelle in one piece...got under it and discovered that I had forgotten to bolt on the flexplate... I noticed this AFTER installing the driveshaft, crossmember, cooler lines etc :x ops:
Old 10-15-2008, 06:23 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Hey tod wait untill you complete the project, go to crank engine and it won't turn over and find out you didn't install torque convertor bolts. ops: ops:
Old 10-15-2008, 08:43 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

brian the older you get the harder it is to kneel down on the concrete, or climb under the car, when I am working on something, I bring a hand full of tools and it never fails, you didnt bring the one wrench you need, sliding around and pulling your self up, it hurts, heck even rotating the tires sucks anymore
Old 10-15-2008, 09:15 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by spib
brian the older you get the harder it is to kneel down on the concrete, or climb under the car, when I am working on something, I bring a hand full of tools and it never fails, you didnt bring the one wrench you need, sliding around and pulling your self up, it hurts, heck even rotating the tires sucks anymore
Yes Sir..pretty sore right now !

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Prop it up like this...that way you aint gota crawl all the way under...
Old 10-15-2008, 10:30 AM
desoto30
JUNIOR BUILDER

OH MY GOD what is that lunatic thinking
Old 10-15-2008, 10:35 AM
ARUSSELL
MASTER BUILDER

How did he get the truch so high is a good question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -