S10 suspension setup help..Front end rise and ride height

Old 10-14-2008, 04:58 PM
dynaguy03
MASTER BUILDER

Default S10 suspension setup help..Front end rise and ride height

Hello ..I have a back halfed sbc s10 with ladder bars 14.5x 32's. Running 10.40's 60ft is 1.48. non adjustable rear coil over shocks. Truck weighs 2890. Adjustable comp eng front shocks- stock front end.
Never a problem hooking.. but when i launch it moves a little to the right.. going down the track the rear is lower then the front end. So i feel air is getting under the front end. My 60ft is not consistant 1.48
I have comp engineering adjustable shocks in front set at 90/10.Rear shocks have no adjustment. What im thinking i need to do is
1- take the ride height in the rear up @2in
2- tighten the front shocks from 90/10 to 80/20
3 -Install a good set of rear double adjustable shocks
Any help u guys could give would be appreciated

thanks Keith
Old 10-14-2008, 06:04 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I would limit the front end travel, if it doesn't hurt the hook, it should also improve your 60' times. I for sure would not raise the rear end higher.

JMO

Zip.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:16 PM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

Why not lower the front-end? You can buy drop spindles or cut the front springs. Level is the way to go in my opinion on ride height.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:53 PM
dynaguy03
MASTER BUILDER

Default s10 setup

thanks for the input.. The truck does sit level right now. and hooks well .. but with that front end going up its an issue.
I cant lower the front end as its pretty low now. I can adjust the front shocks .. right now they are 90-10.
Whats you thoughts on double adjustable rear shocks?

thanks
Keith
Old 10-16-2008, 02:31 AM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

The double adjustable shocks are more than worth their expense from what everyone tells me. I am not sure how it would help in the rear with your frontend problem. I would buy some for the front to keep control of that frontend. You said you don't have traction issue's so I would work on the front.