Thread: 377 rotating assembly

Junior Member APPRENTICE

377 rotating assembly

anyone know where i can find a good 377 kit, needs to be forged, gonna be throwing 300hp nos to it.

Callies has some really good cranks and rods, the pistons if you are looking at 12.5 to 1 available, but any different compression and have to be custom built. Their phone number is 419-435-2711

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I used Eagle Crank and Rods with L19 bolts with JE 13.2 pistons, i also used bearing spacers on the mains. The whole unit including balancing cost about $1700.00, but there are better rotating assy's out there. I have turned mine to 8,000rpm and it has run 5.15, 1/8 times and 8.23 @ 158 in a dragster, never used nitrous though.

Zip.

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    yeah this guy wants rpm crank and probe pistons, is that stuff any better than eagle?

Quote Originally Posted by jcoetzee
    yeah this guy wants rpm crank and probe pistons, is that stuff any better than eagle?
    no worse then eagle IMO

I am a huge Eagle fan, broke everything I've had so far but eagle (knock on wood)
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    yeah well he is also one of "those" that wants a drag car with a hitch on it ya know what i mean. whats a drag car with 300 shot and only want 10:1 comp...what can ya do...oh and wants it to be the fastes car out

Quote Originally Posted by jcoetzee
    Probe pistons is good stuff, the rest is up to you.

Zip.