Breaking in the cam

Old 10-09-2008, 05:10 PM
henny
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Breaking in the cam

Hello
I have not posted here much in the past little while. I had hoped to be able to take my car out for a pass this fall, but work is very very slow and I would need to spend more money yet. I just don't feel comfortable spending anymore than I have been right now
This is from last night, my brother and a good friend is helping me out. The motor is loud even at 2,000 rpm. I just propped up a fuel cell/battery to run the motor. No leaks or bangs and lots of good oil pressure even when hot
This has been a long project(7.5 yrs) and I feel really crappy about not getting to make a pass, but all of us had big smiles on our faces after this
take care
Tom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55t7_J_yXrE

If I put a sticker on the car for each state and pc I bought off racingjunk from, you would not see much of the flame paint job. I bought quite a bit off this site and met many good people along the way. I have made a lot of friends with this build
Thanks to everyone who has helped me with advice or encouragment along the way
Old 10-09-2008, 05:25 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Sounds nice Tom,its been a long time coming.Keep up the good progress,there is always next summer to enjoy the car.

Great Job Tom,congrats
Old 10-09-2008, 05:34 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

You are the man !...you have come a long way..i can remember that body stripped down to nothing with a bunch of fiberglass dust on it...lol.

take your time my man..comb that bad boy over the winter and come up screaming in the spring..besides now is the must fun times.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-10-2008, 04:56 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

congrats Tom.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:36 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Breaking in the cam

Originally Posted by henny496
Hello
I have not posted here much in the past little while. I had hoped to be able to take my car out for a pass this fall, but work is very very slow and I would need to spend more money yet. I just don't feel comfortable spending anymore than I have been right now
This is from last night, my brother and a good friend is helping me out. The motor is loud even at 2,000 rpm. I just propped up a fuel cell/battery to run the motor. No leaks or bangs and lots of good oil pressure even when hot
This has been a long project(7.5 yrs) and I feel really crappy about not getting to make a pass, but all of us had big smiles on our faces after this
take care
Tom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55t7_J_yXrE

If I put a sticker on the car for each state and pc I bought off racingjunk from, you would not see much of the flame paint job. I bought quite a bit off this site and met many good people along the way. I have made a lot of friends with this build
Thanks to everyone who has helped me with advice or encouragment along the way
Tom you have absolutely nothing to be embassased about, you've taken the amount of time to finish the car that you could afford and that's what racing is all about. There's a lot of little guys out here including me, that don't have the money to put together cars in a hurry. So what if it's taken you yrs., you've done it and you're almost ready to run it and now it's time to go to the track. Guess what!!, it may not run like you want it too, but you are a surverior and it will get there. In my opinion you are the salt of the earth and people who make racing what it is today without the big sponsers..

Zip.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:11 PM
henny
JUNIOR BUILDER

I look forward to finally driving thic car, but I fully expect a lot of things that I want different or have to fix. I have been buying lots of extra parts over the years, so I do have some things to play with and to change the combo a bit
It will be a constant learning experience that I look forward to. I will still have many question to ask in the furure from you guys on the forum
thanks for the comments
Tom
Old 10-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

That car is kool.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:04 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by henny496
I look forward to finally driving thic car, but I fully expect a lot of things that I want different or have to fix. I have been buying lots of extra parts over the years, so I do have some things to play with and to change the combo a bit
It will be a constant learning experience that I look forward to. I will still have many question to ask in the furure from you guys on the forum
thanks for the comments
Tom
Great work Tom .. it sounds great !!
Old 11-15-2008, 11:44 PM
poncholvr
MASTER BUILDER

i still dont believe in breaking a cam in, jusst dont understand the point its hardened steel, oil pump works at the turn of the crank, ect...
Old 11-16-2008, 07:17 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

Nice !!! Congrats Tom !!! Dont worry about it just ENJOY IT !!! D.R.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -