valves rattling

Old 10-04-2008, 09:19 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Autozone on the shelf. we used it last week in the 3700 lb Biscuyne that ran 6.87, street legal.

Zip
Old 10-05-2008, 02:02 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

here it is with the exhaust on it now.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:31 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Autozone on the shelf. we used it last week in the 3700 lb Biscuyne that ran 6.87, street legal.

Zip
Zip i also used this stuff to rid some water out of the tank of my wifes 2005 Dodge Hemi....cleared the bad gas right up along with some injector cleaner..

Good stuff !

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-05-2008, 06:46 PM
kbartley
EXPERT BUILDER

Default valve's rattle

Be careful, a domed 400 does not like pump gas at all. I know I learned the hard way. I just love to bulid the 400 block's. About 12 yrs. ago I had one detonate sooooo bad that I could take a pencil & lay it between the bore's. Remember, the wall's are thin to start with. Especially today's pump gas, it's awful. If the picture you have w/ you're post is what you are running I would reccomend you to get a drum of 110 purple gas. It will be cheaper then replacing part's. At least try a few gallon's anyway. Kris
Old 10-05-2008, 07:42 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Not that Id fully recommend it, but some of the roundy pounders in the area mix av gas(airplane) fuel 1/2 and 1/2 with unleaded and it seems to work for them. It runs about 4.50 a gallon here. That predetonation will hurt parts if not fixed though.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:09 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

well got some racing fuel in it set the timing at 36 and she is all better. thanks guys.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:47 PM
desoto30
JUNIOR BUILDER

I don't know what the laws are where you are,or if the avgas is the same but last I checked,avgas has TEL (Tetra ethyl lead)why its safe for aircraft but too dangerous for cars who would know?I suspect that it would probably be illegal for use in cars,but just to test,well,You'd have to be really unlucky to get busted.As far as safety is concerned I wouldnt worry at all!It'd be no worse than pump gas.