methanol carburator and nitrous

Old 09-24-2008, 03:21 PM
tomsiman
APPRENTICE

Default methanol carburator and nitrous

I use methanol with a carburator. The car has a plate system for nitrous. I have another fuel tank and a holley blue fuel pump. Should I run 110 gas or methanol in the small tank. I would like to use methanol, but am unsure of the nitrous and methanol jets to use. Anyone using methanol, nitrous and a carburator. If so tell me about how you are set up please.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:16 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

I use C113 in a separate tank with a separate fuel pump and run alcohol thru my carb. I'm using a .102 jet on the NOS and a .120 on gas. Seems to work fine. I believe David(Hammertime) uses alcohol with nitrous and alcohol thru his fuel system. You might PM him and see just what jets he uses.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:28 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: methanol carburator and nitrous

Originally Posted by tomsiman
I use methanol with a carburator. The car has a plate system for nitrous. I have another fuel tank and a holley blue fuel pump. Should I run 110 gas or methanol in the small tank. I would like to use methanol, but am unsure of the nitrous and methanol jets to use. Anyone using methanol, nitrous and a carburator. If so tell me about how you are set up please.

You can use methanol and nitrous easy enough and it sounds like you may have a setup that will work. Only think you need to know is if you have a methanol or gas setup nitrous system there is more difference then just the jets in them.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:35 AM
tomsiman
APPRENTICE

Default hammertime a little more info please

Could you tell me what you have that makes your's a methanol / nitrous setup vs. a racing gas / nitrous setup? My solenoids have Performer RPM printed on them. Let's say my setup is for racing gas what would I have to change other than the jets to convert to a alcohol / nitrous setup. Maybe the selonoid on the fuel side only? Or do I have to change more? Please give me more info on a alcohol setup. What size jets or at least how many thou. difference nitrous / alcohol? The performer RPM goes up to a 250 shot. Will a hollley blue fuel pump with a regulator pump fast enough for a alcohol setup. Thank you for all the info you give.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:38 AM
CarbGuy
SHOW GUEST

Default Re: methanol carburator and nitrous

Originally Posted by tomsiman
Can it be done? Yes...
Should it be done? Maybe depending on what you're trying to do.

First off the kit will need to be changed to run Methanol vs. Racing Gas. You may need to change the internals in your fuel solenoids to withstand the Methanol. You may also have to change the sizing of the holes in your spray bar (not just the jetting) to get the proper N/F ratio.

Now depending on the amount of N2O you're spraying it will vary whether or not it's recommended to do this. At higher HP levels when you get that much volume of fuel in the cylinder it's not uncommon to have issues getting it to fire cleanly. Most racecars running on methanol using a lot of N2O inject the nitrous with race gas.

If you're just using a small amount of N2O for finish line racing I'd say run it on Methanol to keep your system simple, if you're spraying more stay with the race gas.

Either way check with your system manufacture for the proper tune-up.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:00 AM
tomsiman
APPRENTICE

Default Still need help

Is anyone using the Edelbrock RPM with the alcohol solenoid. If so would you tell me what jets you use to get what hp shot. Thank you for any help.