Facts of the NC DMV

Old 09-22-2008, 07:45 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Default Facts of the NC DMV

Within the last hour or so, an officer of the NC DMV left my house after inspecting one of my cars.

As of Sept.1, 2008 in North Carolina, any car over 35 years old AND purchased out of state MUST be physically inspected by the DMV BEFORE they will issue you a title. This does not apply to cars purchased IN state and over 35 years old, as they are already titled by the state.

Should you buy one out of state, be sure you get this form from the tag office. You CAN get a tag and drive it prior to the dmv inspection, if not done in the first year, the tag is revoked.

BTW, the inspector from my county has got to be one of the coolest people I ever met. Old school guy, and he is a gearhead!

Old 09-25-2008, 01:34 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

more goverment! glad i live in alabama. here any car older than 74 doesnt need a title.just traded for a car from kentucky and took the title in with me and lady said we dont title cars built before 75 punched the computer a few minutes, said that will be $8 .76, here is your tag heres your ken. title have a nice day. in and out 16 minutes.all you need it seems is a bill of sale. ken
Old 09-25-2008, 01:36 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i got off the subject no inspection needed