great find!

Old 09-19-2008, 01:11 PM
beermonkey9417
SHOW GUEST

Default great find!

i have a 78 el camino that hasa 350 v8 and a th350 tranny with the 2.41 peg leg. well i found a 10 bolt rear with posi and a 4.11 gear for 350 bucks. i had to drive 2 hours there and back home to get it but i think its worth it. now all i gotta do is get the tired engine to match! what do you guys think?
Old 09-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

if you KNOW it is good, and you don't know how or at least know someone to help you set one up then you did alright I suppose.You sure can't build one for .that

I bought one used rearend way back and I got my rearend used on that deal. I thought a fire truck was chasing me it howled so bad..lol

and then it turned out what I thought was a "12 bolt" was one of them goofy OLdsmobile rearends that had 12 bolts in the cover but had an oddball 10 bolt carier in it. :cry:
Old 09-20-2008, 02:16 AM
beermonkey9417
SHOW GUEST

well this one is a 10 bolt 10 bolt lol! i havent actually got it all installed yet but this tuesday i got the day off and all i gotta do is bolt the 4 small screws in the backing plates, install the axels and "c" clips, fill the rear with posi fluid, reinstall the drive shaft and put on the drums and taker for a spin... yeah its alot but i think its gonna be worth see'n my buddy in his rsx type s poop himself a lil. ô¿<