Chroming a set of downswept BBC headers

Old 09-16-2008, 08:20 PM
jjentracing
JOURNEYMAN

Default Chroming a set of downswept BBC headers

Older set that I have that I want to keep and get re-chromed. Any feed back from who does good work and approximate price. Thanks!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:30 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Chroming a set of downswept BBC headers

Originally Posted by jjentracing
Older set that I have that I want to keep and get re-chromed. Any feed back from who does good work and approximate price. Thanks!
get ahold of Jb @ Dragsters For Sale he has a good chromer and should be able to help you out.

IMHO send them to Nitro Plate and have them coated.. I will not buy another set of chromes, 2nd set for me they will turn blue/gold eventually.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:43 PM
jjentracing
JOURNEYMAN

Thanks David, Actually they called today from Nitroplate that my intake was shipping out today for my new motor. I bought a set of coated New Dynatechs for a smoking price, but I think I will sell them to my dad for his car. I weighed the new ones compared to mine and they are almost 20 lbs heavier than what I have on it now. I was hoping to run faster not build a bigger motor then make my car heavier and everything even out. ya know...LOL :lol:
Old 09-16-2008, 08:50 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks David, Actually they called today from Nitroplate that my intake was shipping out today for my new motor. I bought a set of coated New Dynatechs for a smoking price, but I think I will sell them to my dad for his car. I weighed the new ones compared to mine and they are almost 20 lbs heavier than what I have on it now. I was hoping to run faster not build a bigger motor then make my car heavier and everything even out. ya know...LOL :lol:

Give ya a heads up on the intake, the bottom side of the intake where it meets the head ruff it up with some sand paper. Although Nitro Plate told me they have never had any issues my gaskets were sliding from the plating. They sure do a nice job on everything they do.

20lbs wow thats a lot heavier, never weighed my dynatech chromes know I could do better though.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:55 PM
jjentracing
JOURNEYMAN

I know thats what I was thinking when I took one off...I was like crap...these new ones are a tank. I couldnt believe it either...Can they coat the chrome ones, have to strip it or what?
Old 09-16-2008, 09:26 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I know thats what I was thinking when I took one off...I was like crap...these new ones are a tank. I couldnt believe it either...Can they coat the chrome ones, have to strip it or what?
I am sure they can, a buddy called them about doing it just dip it and clean them off then plate them. Should be lighter then chrome to.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:52 AM
desoto30
JUNIOR BUILDER

I wonder what the japanese do to their motorcycle exhausts to prevent them from turning blue like everyone elses chrome seems to do
Old 09-17-2008, 08:00 PM
jjentracing
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by desoto30
I wonder what the japanese do to their motorcycle exhausts to prevent them from turning blue like everyone elses chrome seems to do
I have heard all kinds of stories...