Whats this 548 worth?????????

Old 09-15-2008, 10:33 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Default Whats this 548 worth?????????

Just wondering what the going price for a 548 BBC, Dart Block, with a Callies crank interally balanced, Crower rods, 4.53 bore, Roller cam, .125 long lifters, Milidon dragster pan, JE pistons. The engine has Alum. Edlebrock RPM heads with an Edlebrock 2907 intake, and 1150 BG alcohol carb. These heads are probably to small for the cubes. But there like new. Should I sell the engine as a short block or complete. Right now its still in the dragster I bought turn key last week, therefore I can fire it up for someone to hear.
With it having the wrong combo I was just wondering what some of you might think the value complete would be, or even as a short block.
thanks, :?
Old 09-15-2008, 04:53 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

thinking that the motor is used itll be difficult to get what u want...off hand id feel if the motor is tight compression is good bla bla bla...,,id feel you should be able to get about 6000-7500probably..good luck...by the way some people think if motor part is used figure on half of new price
Old 09-15-2008, 05:00 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

8k or so IMO

I paid 5500 for a complete new 548 last year with same parts but dart heads and sonny's brodix intake and feel like I got a good deal.