ksracecars

Old 09-12-2008, 01:57 PM
nitroaddict2002
APPRENTICE

Default ksracecars

Anyone done business with this guy? Kevin Shull Ad #1218607
I contacted him thru RJ and he gave me a price for shipping and said "Usually ships within 10 days". I asked for some kind of order blank or invoice and he sent me this link:
http://www.geocities.com/ksracecars/KSR.htm
The address on the order blank, from what I can determine is a residential address. The phone number on the RJ ad and the order blank is registered to another person, but says ksracecars on the voicemail.
I sent him $1,065 paid with a cashiers check from my bank. On August 15th he sent a message stating that he received the check and "would get things going." Before the 10 days were up (Aug 28) I sent a message asking for an approximate finish date. No response. On Sept. 3rd I called both numbers on the order blank, got voice mail both times. On Sept 3rd he sent this message, 2 minutes after I tried calling him: "Hey there, I'm running a little behind, sorry. I hope to finish up the jacks this week. I pulled the ad due to overwhelming response". The fact is, the ad expired. I haven't heard from him since Sept 3rd. It seems logical to me that if he had an "overwhelming response" he wouldn't have told me "Usually ships within 10 days". unless the "overwhelming response" was after I placed my order, which would place me at or near the top of the list. When trying to access the order blank I mistakenly entered the URL and found this website: http://www.geocities.com/ksracecars I clicked on the link for the jacks (products) and there is an email address. When trying to contact him on Sept. 3, I tried sending a message directly using that email address and got the {delivery failure notice} both times. There is another phone number on the website that is no longer in service. The website looked legitimate to me, albeit the URL seems a little strange for a business. All contact was thru RJ, even though I provided 4 alternate methods to contact me.
Sorry this post is so long but I edited it down as best I could but wanted to get as many facts on here as I could. Any comments, suggestions?
Old 09-28-2008, 06:14 AM
nitroaddict2002
APPRENTICE

Default Update

Ok, I haven't heard from this guy since Sept 3rd. This morning Sept. 29th I filed a report with IC3 (Internet Crime Complaint Center) Probably won't do anything to get my money back but at least it will be on file. I'm going to just pay the money and go thru a reputable business like Jerry Bickel or Pro Jack and buy a set of jacks.
Lesson learned.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default You have options

Dont let this drop; if you sent hard earned cash and this guy didnt complete his end of the deal-you have recourse.

You have a home address for him-file a claim with the attorney general in his state. You sent payment out of state-notify the local authorities in his state. File a police report.

He has $1100 of yours. Chase this guy. If he is going to keep it then impart some misery on him and let him earn it.

Also, if you pm me seprately I can tell you how to do a look-up on his phone numbers so that you can verify addresses.

Also-you might want to pm VinceF through this board-he is on top of how to pursue a situation like this.

Dont drop this-you owe it to yourself and others who might go through this guy.

If you have this guys profile on RJ message him and let him know the deal made it to a public forum.

Later,

Scorp
Old 09-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Do a google search on Kevin Shull race cars

http://start.cortera.com/company/res...race-cars-inc/

http://www.mvwe.org/shops.html

This guy is a VW Guy. Go to the SAMBA and post on their public board- That will get his attention.

SAMB is the VW Site. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/

Scorp
Old 09-28-2008, 10:57 AM
nitroaddict2002
APPRENTICE

Thanks for the info Scorp. I have his home address and his wife's name and his cell phone number. I also have the name (and wife's name) and home address and home phone number of the person who's the registered owner of the phone number he uses. I found 3 different business addresses for him, from 3 different locations, but not sure which or if any are legitimate or current.
It's my understanding that IC3 files the necessary reports with the proper agencies. Maybe I misunderstood that part tho.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Nitro-

If hes a VW guy they know him on the SAMBA-Its big. Last thing he'd want is to be "outed" there. I'd post on their user feedback board.

Bet you stir the kettle with that.

Go get him

Scorp
Old 10-09-2008, 05:37 AM
nitroaddict2002
APPRENTICE

Default Update

I got a message from Mr. Shull this morning, apologizing for the delay. He states that the cylinders he uses have been on back-order for weeks, and that they should be arriving early next week. He stated that I should have contacted HIM before I "slammed" him on the net. He also stated he would contact me on Monday to let me know "where we are". :roll:
:!: I sent a reply reminding him that I provided him 4 alternate ways to contact me, besides thru RJ, and that I thought that it would be prudent of him to let ME know if there was a problem, even if (or especially if) it's beyond his control, (back-ordered) especially since it's been over a month since I heard anything from him.
:arrow: I told him that I would add a post here saying that he made things right, when and if he does.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:28 PM
scottys
SHOW GUEST

Default ....

I would just ask for my money back and not take this any further. If he hasn't provided you any parts yet, and he has "overwhelming response", then he should not have a problem giving you a refund.
If he refuses a refund.....that tells me that he doesn't plan on doing the right thing anyway. Just my $.02 worth.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:50 PM
nitroaddict2002
APPRENTICE

Default Another update

Well, I guess it should be no surprise that here it is Friday and I didn't hear from Mr Shull on Monday like he said. He also told me the jacks would be ready to ship by the end of the week (this week), but I guess that ain't gonna happen either. Imagine that! So here we are 2 months into this, what I was told "usually ships within 10 days", and still nothing but apologies.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:24 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

AND THE MAIN BAD POINT IS ------OVER 4 YEARS ON RJ AND NOT EVEN ONE HONOR PAYMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -