switching to alcohol help...

Old 09-08-2008, 07:31 AM
ezstriper
SHOW GUEST

Default switching to alcohol help...

looking to switch our door car over to alcohol with out new engine combo, sonny's 565, 14.8 comp single dominator, 400 w/brake 2600lb car, anyway running a magna fuel large pump, #14 line from cell(rear) to pump, #8 to regulator. just wondering what I will need to change other than the carb ? thanks, Rob
Old 09-08-2008, 07:50 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: switching to alcohol help...

Originally Posted by ezstriper
looking to switch our door car over to alcohol with out new engine combo, sonny's 565, 14.8 comp single dominator, 400 w/brake 2600lb car, anyway running a magna fuel large pump, #14 line from cell(rear) to pump, #8 to regulator. just wondering what I will need to change other than the carb ? thanks, Rob
Just have a good regulator you didnt mention brand of that. Go here www.apdracing.com they will give you good info over the phone, no pressure from these guys just help. But if ya want a carb they are the place to get it .. :lol:
Old 09-08-2008, 04:04 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

ask about the regulator with the Air bleed..you will need this for your electric pump to prohibit prerssure Creep or possibility of blowing carb seats out due to the high fuel pressure you need to run with the alcohol.....they can explain the way it works besides me trying to type a Book....
i know PRO- systems sells this regualtor for $75.00...you can also fab you one up if you know your stuff.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-09-2008, 03:40 AM
ezstriper
SHOW GUEST

thanks ! thats what I needed to know...Rob
Old 10-03-2008, 01:52 AM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

blow out your old lines. Replace the regulator, carb and fuel pump if using card. Lil more work if injected.