Thread: switching to alcohol help...

switching to alcohol help...

looking to switch our door car over to alcohol with out new engine combo, sonny's 565, 14.8 comp single dominator, 400 w/brake 2600lb car, anyway running a magna fuel large pump, #14 line from cell(rear) to pump, #8 to regulator. just wondering what I will need to change other than the carb ? thanks, Rob

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: switching to alcohol help...

Quote Originally Posted by ezstriper
    looking to switch our door car over to alcohol with out new engine combo, sonny's 565, 14.8 comp single dominator, 400 w/brake 2600lb car, anyway running a magna fuel large pump, #14 line from cell(rear) to pump, #8 to regulator. just wondering what I will need to change other than the carb ? thanks, Rob
    Just have a good regulator you didnt mention brand of that. Go here www.apdracing.com they will give you good info over the phone, no pressure from these guys just help. But if ya want a carb they are the place to get it .. :lol:
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    ask about the regulator with the Air bleed..you will need this for your electric pump to prohibit prerssure Creep or possibility of blowing carb seats out due to the high fuel pressure you need to run with the alcohol.....they can explain the way it works besides me trying to type a Book....
    i know PRO- systems sells this regualtor for $75.00...you can also fab you one up if you know your stuff.
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

thanks ! thats what I needed to know...Rob

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    blow out your old lines. Replace the regulator, carb and fuel pump if using card. Lil more work if injected.