Thread: what clutch to use

what clutch to use

i need help in determining what clutch to use in a bbc 4-wheel drive stock & improved stock class.im just going to use for pulling,it will b trailored.thanks

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I used a Valejo in this truck.Pulled the car with it and played in the mud ....alot!Only got 15,000 miles on it but has the best pedal feel.Pretty soft but has never slipped.It has a pretty stout 406 sbc in it.Ain't no BBC,but will outpull my Duramax ops:
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Oh,BTW.Meamt to tell ya,had a ZOOM in it before Sucked!Was way too grabby and made it real hard to shift smoothly when pulling a load.Plus broke the pushrod at the clutch fork twice,it was so stiff.Woulda held up fine,I guess.I dunno.Jerked it after about 4-5000 miles.Hated it that bad.It was a 12".Got a 10.5" ZOOM in my car and like it fine so.....
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln