Street Race

Old 09-02-2008, 07:21 PM
nofear57
EXPERT BUILDER

Congrats NorthMotorSports on the win!

Sorry doorracer...couldn't resist...but ya it should be on the track.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:25 PM
sds10racer
MASTER BUILDER

i agree it should be on the track. but how many of us, including me, started out on the streets and back roads racing the local legend just cause you thought you could beat him?
Old 09-02-2008, 07:37 PM
nofear57
EXPERT BUILDER

This is so true. Back in the late 70's I did alot of racing. We very very rarely raced in town. But we had a 1/4 mile maked out on the highway about 2 miles south of our town. Not much traffic on that one.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:50 PM
sds10racer
MASTER BUILDER

got caught once going out to the local 1/4. was racing block to block and i was too low geared to outrun him. just pulled over and took my ticket then went on out and raced anyway
Old 09-04-2008, 02:43 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

ive been on this earth a long time now. been racing on the street for over 30yrs. i have my own set of rules of where ill run. and i promice you its as safe as you can get for running on the street. rule 1 no driveways no side streets on the road im running on dont want no one trying to backout of a drive or to cross the street. and the far end has to be blocked by one of us.i have one thousands of $$ over the yrs and never had any trouble.but the track is still the best place to run.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:43 AM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by doorracer
I do understand that need, just don't want anyone hurt or killed over it. That was probably one of those "ten second ricers" that have never been to the track. LOL

Curtis
Lol yeah it was he had a fart can a big ass wing and the goodies but he sure wasnt fast enough to keep up with ol' wagon! :lol:
Old 09-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

That is awesome... one more rice burner w/ a monza tip waxed... with the wet behind the ears punk driving it to boot. I am guilty of a few of those too, but my wife would kill me if I tried it w/ her. Hard to resist... I had one a year ago against a 90's Vette. I lost my my common sense, & Vette-dude got beat. Luckily, we did not cause a accident or hurt anyone. I agree about the track too- but I understand a competitive spirt that is weak to a good old race. Everyone loves a sleeper too... the wagon sounds cool.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:11 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

I use to go to the track, now i just built something to go cruise the highways in, still had to be blown thou. Its a hell of alot cheaper on the street!!! No SFI stickers to expire, Street tires last alot longer and cheaper to burn off, Dont have to worry about et's, no trailer and way more fun than sitting in the staging lanes with a full suit on, or maybe its the look on the faces at the intersection of some one that has no idea why there is a big blower sticking out of that car, Or the cop that was watching me stop in at the gas station last night and thought: if i werent busy writing this ticket right now i would go find something illegal about that car and ticket him!!!! Just my 2 cents!!!! Have fun and be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not promoting street racing... just crusin!!! LOl!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by kwkracing
Or the cop that was watching me stop in at the gas station last night and thought: if i werent busy writing this ticket right now i would go find something illegal about that car and ticket him!!!!!
Boy aint that the truth. That's what kills me when guys get smart mouthed with them.... give em a reason and they can ALWAYS find something illegal.

OR tase you. :shock:
Old 10-11-2008, 06:46 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Oh the memories of street racin' my wornout flathead Mopar 6 in a 4dr Ply Cranbrook against wornout Chevy 6 bangers ! It was all part of cuttin' your teeth in the farming berg I lived in. Way too much at stake nowadays though. Speeds are waaaaay higher and a ton more people out there. Take it to the track Mac !