poping on the top end

Old 08-28-2008, 09:27 PM
rsrsfishslayers
MASTER BUILDER

Default poping on the top end

I have a 350 sbc with a 671 blower gear drive when I get on it on the top it starts poping and missing lose power but I have to put the power to it whent this happens other wise it runs fine. We pulled the valve covers off and no broken springs there dose not seem to be any bent rods I even changed to plugs can anyone help.
Thank you
CPT.RON
Old 08-28-2008, 09:46 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: poping on the top end

Originally Posted by rsrsfishslayers
I have a 350 sbc with a 671 blower gear drive when I get on it on the top it starts poping and missing lose power but I have to put the power to it whent this happens other wise it runs fine. We pulled the valve covers off and no broken springs there dose not seem to be any bent rods I even changed to plugs can anyone help.
Thank you
CPT.RON
Are you running a high speed bypass? Probably need a bigger pill in your bypass, as the rpm goes up your pump is probably pumping to much fuel to your engine. Causing you to be way rich, the bigger pill will bypass more making your fuel mixture leaner.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:39 AM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

can you tell us more about your fuel set up?
Old 08-29-2008, 10:21 AM
rsrsfishslayers
MASTER BUILDER

Just a stock fuel pump was running ok never had it pop before but I reved it up while at a loud pip contest but I think it started before that I have not done anything drifrent to the car or motor
CPT.RON
Old 08-29-2008, 04:32 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Couple of things could cause it for sure, since it's a stock pump, i doubt if it's too fat, it would normally be a lean pop, and still could be, if you hit the throttle and it stops that might be because you opening the accelerator pump giving it more gas. The other thing is the distributor may have moved, and retarded a little bit.

JMO

Zip.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:03 PM
nofear57
EXPERT BUILDER

My Altered did the same thing. I run a Enderle methanol injected 434sbc but with no supercharger,just a tunnel ram. It always runs great but when I added nitrous it started popping on the top end. I never added any extra fuel when I installed the nitrous,I just added a single spray bar in the tunnel ram with a 100hp jet and about the 1100ft mark she started popping. To me it was running lean. So maybe your engine is running lean also.
Just a thought.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:46 AM
rsrsfishslayers
MASTER BUILDER

Thank all of you for your help we found out that it was the coil I got it wet would not start put a nother one in and the poping stoped
CPT.RON 8) 8) 8) 8)