not an honest guy to do businees with

Old 08-27-2008, 07:51 PM
cebry
SHOW GUEST

Default not an honest guy to do businees with

careful of chassis builder griffinracecraft in pevely mo. bought a camaro from him sight unseen[when am i gonna learn to quit trusting people] he sounded like such an honest guy said the car was solid.pics looked good on the out side underneath was a different story.subframe was rusted through, holes in floor patches all over, trunk floor paper thin all that stuff he said was solid all nicely sprayed with undercoat.he knew i was his opportunity to unload the car for a big buck.lots of other stuff.phoned him once waste of time.really disappointed man. only make deals face to face
Old 08-28-2008, 03:11 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

:? :? So let me understand this, You didn't check it out before buying :?: Now who's fault is that :?: :?:
Old 08-28-2008, 03:52 PM
cebry
SHOW GUEST

Default not honest guy

i looked at pics i talked to the guy 4or5 maybe more times i looked at his profile on this sight he runs a chassis building co.i'm from canada so i couldn't just drop everything and go. he saw the perfect opportunity and took it.i i admit it i'm an idiot but it won't happen again.ya i gotta thank him for teaching me what a------- people can be. see im changing already
Old 08-28-2008, 04:16 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Old 08-28-2008, 04:34 PM
cebry
SHOW GUEST

WOW does that thing look cool.i'll swap you a camaro for it.no i couldn't do that to you.canadians are such pussies.looks good though.you u.s. guys sure know how to build cars.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:06 PM
xdamxincx
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by mopar1968
:? :? So let me understand this, You didn't check it out before buying :?: Now who's fault is that :?: :?:
so that makes it allright to screw someone ? sounds like you might be one of those types? yes no ?
Old 08-31-2008, 04:40 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Mopar is not saying that at all and you know it.

There' an old saying, very old, translated from Latin, used commonly and I am sure you had heard it, Caveat Emptor. Let the buyer beware. People have been getting screwed since they lived in caves and everyone knows that.

If you are buying something sight unseen, then pay the $100 for a professional inspection- When you are paying thousands isnt it worth a little insurance?

How would you have handled the transaction?

later,

Scorp
Old 08-31-2008, 05:12 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

First off, you know that isn't what Mopar said!! I also can't figure out how you could have even ASSUMED he was saying that.

Below is a post that I started a few days ago addressing the belly aching of folks buying stuff sight unseen:

I just have to ask: When are folks going to QUIT buying stuff unseen? I have several cars for sale, upon request I can send pictures of ANY part of my cars within a very short period of time. Digital cameras are cheap enough now that everyone can own one. I can even take pictures (very clear and precise) of the INSIDES of the quarter panels! There is absolutely no excuse for not being able to take and send pictures. My advice is as follows: If a seller cannot send requested pictures, move on. See the picture below? That is the INSIDE left qtr. of my '69 Camaro.

I also need to know: Do ANY buyers check a mans references? If not, you should. References SHOULD NOT be "my buddy down the road", they ARE legit businesses in the phone book, RJ, etc. Sorry to carry on so much, it just kills me how folks let themselves get screwed, then holler about how it was the "other guys" fault. I have never been FORCED to complete a trade I didn't want to, whether it was good, bad or indifferent.

Quit crying about being screwed if you are either too busy, too lazy or just don't want to "ride all that way" to inspect the car. How about an appraiser? Two hundred dollars could save you thousands. Too many ways to protect yourself, if only you will.
Protect your money as you would your family, after all it is their money too!

If anyone is wondering if I have ever been a victim, the answer is, of course I have!! I have a "show car" that I acquired sight unseen, still putting my money into it to make it right! I got that car right here on RJ from a less than honest man from the great state of Kentucky!! The only bashing I could do is claim he is dishonest in his dealings, I could have chose to nix the deal, I didn't though, so I have no valid reason for taking him to task. He is a loser and will get his in the end, if not before.

Now having said that, should you find yourself with too much cash, I will gladly send you pictures of my money pits!

Vote McCain-Palin I don't give a damn if we are always broke, as long as we are FREE AND PROTECTED.
[email protected]
Old 08-31-2008, 05:15 AM
txarsenal
APPRENTICE

Default Inspection nightmares

Not to scare anyone off on using an inspection company to look over a possible vehicle purchase, but If you do, Do your Homework on them as well! I used a company called Coast to Coast Auto Inspection, biggest nightmare I ever did. I paid $175.00 for them to thoroughly inspect a Camaro that was by the ad a "Turn Key" car. They were to take pictures of everything, inside and out, compression test, test drive, check for leaks, and list any and all possible issues on the car. Bottomline: They falsified the inspection report, state no issues, car was driveable, no leaks, all electrical systems funtioned. Far from the truth, alternator was sitting on the front seat, oil leaks, you name it. I am currently in litigation over this with both the seller and the inspection company over fraud issues. If you are going to hand over your hard earned money, either go there in person to see it and touch it or do your homework on the inspection company. Don't get taken, learned my lesson.

My .02
Old 08-31-2008, 06:58 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Inspection nightmares

Originally Posted by txarsenal
Not to scare anyone off on using an inspection company to look over a possible vehicle purchase, but If you do, Do your Homework on them as well! I used a company called Coast to Coast Auto Inspection, biggest nightmare I ever did. I paid $175.00 for them to thoroughly inspect a Camaro that was by the ad a "Turn Key" car. They were to take pictures of everything, inside and out, compression test, test drive, check for leaks, and list any and all possible issues on the car. Bottomline: They falsified the inspection report, state no issues, car was driveable, no leaks, all electrical systems funtioned. Far from the truth, alternator was sitting on the front seat, oil leaks, you name it. I am currently in litigation over this with both the seller and the inspection company over fraud issues. If you are going to hand over your hard earned money, either go there in person to see it and touch it or do your homework on the inspection company. Don't get taken, learned my lesson.

My .02
I have never actually used an inspection company, I think the reason I haven't is above. I agree 100%, go inspect it yourself, or accept what you receive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -