Need HELP Dirt track Racer

Old 08-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Ajohnson4
SHOW GUEST

Default Need HELP Dirt track Racer

I am wanting to go to a modified division on dirt tracks around ks and missouri, and oklahoma. dont know to much about how the chassis work, we have a guy that works on the cars but he is busy a lot and will be able to tune it. We also have another guy helping us build the engines up. I was just wondering, what would be the best supsension set up for dirt modified cars???? and i dont really understand the rear end and the gears but is there anywhere I could look or start out learning some stuff about this that you know of?? I would really appreciate your help.
Thank You.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:44 AM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

Go to dirtworks racecars and call them and ask for Andy he'll be able to help you where are yall from??
Old 08-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Ajohnson4
SHOW GUEST

From wichita, KS. You? Hey, bout how many races you get with your motor?
Old 08-29-2008, 10:24 AM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

We usaully run about a season and get it freshened up during the off season and im from fontana ks. do you need numbers for dirtworks??
Old 08-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Ajohnson4
SHOW GUEST

Yea go head and give em to me. Were guna try and run one next year all season if money keeps coming in.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:43 PM
Bubstr
JUNIOR BUILDER

If you are interested in a Dirtworks car, I seen one in the classifieds at www.4m.net. It was an 04 DW9 I think.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:09 AM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

Another guy that knows his shit is Justin Whitey Folk he races at humbolt all the time multi track champion Dirtworks is 417 465 2410 Yeoman Racing Engines is 629 783 2662 again if you call dirtworks ask for Andy hes the smartest of the group and John Yeoman is my engine builder just tell em Tim North Jr. sent you there way. Good Luck and let me know if you need anything else!
Old 09-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Ajohnson4
SHOW GUEST

what about your car or those shops do they work with you on the cost. or sponsorship. And then on your sponsors that dont do nothign with the car how much u ask from them or how do you confront them on that part.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:37 PM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

I make a proposal each year and it just depends on who the sponser is. And for the shops they wont help you on cost unless your very well known and are very good youll figure it out :wink:
Old 10-03-2008, 04:20 AM
N2Dirt
APPRENTICE

if your in wichita and are looking at getting into modifieds why not call Bobby Bills? He can build you a new car or should have some good used trade-ins this winter. http://www.billsbuiltracecars.net

In my opinion, Dirtworks has gone down hill over the past year once Scott Drake left, but that's my opinion.....