BE WARNED!!Kooks Custom Headers Do NOT fit my SBC Mustang!!!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:34 AM
sdjones2
SHOW GUEST

Default BE WARNED!!Kooks Custom Headers Do NOT fit my SBC Mustang!!!

:x I recently paid over $800 for a set of #5507 Kooks Custom Headers for my 87 Fox Body w/ SBC. The headers will NOT fit my car!!!! I told the salesperson I had a motorplate & a QA1 k-member. He said that I would have more clearance then I would ever need. When I realized they would not fit. I immediately called customer service. I was asked to send photos of my car with the headers in place. I sent pictures every day for a week from every angle you could imagine. I was then told they would make it right. I guess for them making it right means not answering your calls and avoiding you hoping you will go away. Unfortunately for them I work for my money and I will not just go away. Don't make the same mistake I did. Either buy them from Lemons and pay the extra money or buy a set of Hooker Super Comp Headers for a 62-67 Chevy II. I believe the part number is 2243. The moral of the story is you better be sure you are ordering what you want from Kook's because they will not take them back!!!!! And don't expect any customer service because all they know how to do is try to pass the blame on to someone else!!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:48 AM
sdjones2
SHOW GUEST

By the way the issue with them not fitting was the collector laying on my trans pan & shifter linkage. They are bent at the wrong angle!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 10:28 AM
ARUSSELL
MASTER BUILDER

I had this problem with a set of Huslers in a chevelle. I had to move my shifter use a very short cable.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:49 PM
sdjones2
SHOW GUEST

This is actually angled toward the pan itself. You couldn't even so much as put a turn down on it. You also can't pull it out of gear because it makes contact where the cable is connected to the ear on the trans. One of the tech guys at Kooks tried to say it wouldn't fit because of the motor plate. I couldn't seem to make them understand (even with pictures) that even if the engine & trans were out of the car they still wouldn't work.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:32 PM
dammnitboy
SHOW GUEST

Default darn

i went with dynotech step they fit like a glove but only with the aje kmember got a friend with a qa1 they wont fit his i called kook they told me they fit but only with the aje kmember i would not give up they would pay me 800 bucks alot
Old 10-28-2010, 07:29 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default kooks

Stay on them, these companies need to treat the customer properly. Stay kool do not stoop to their level, Be persistent and honest and keep telling them about the problem and what they need to do to make the deal right. I hope it all works. This lack of customer focus is a wide spread problem. My buddy has a mustang that is getting a sbc soon, I will let him know
Bad service travels fast
Do not let go
Old 11-03-2010, 07:15 PM
maxpower671
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by sdjones2
By the way the issue with them not fitting was the collector laying on my trans pan & shifter linkage. They are bent at the wrong angle!!!
wow!!!!!!

that really is piss poor.........thanks for the heads up, i will definitely pass this along to anyone looking for a set of headers.. :wink: