Blown SBC Street/ race car, Cam Question

Old 08-22-2008, 05:43 PM
troe
SHOW GUEST

Default Blown SBC Street/ race car, Cam Question

I'm looking for a rplacement hydraulic roller cam and lifters for my motor. It's a 400ci, Dart Little M Block, AFR 210 heads, 8.5:1 compression.
Car is street driven very litle. Iam more concered in better performance at the track. Does anyone have an idea what cam I need?
Old 08-22-2008, 10:36 PM
ccso640
JOURNEYMAN

I'd call whatever cam company you are interested in and have them spec you a custom grind. Money well spent and takes the guesswork out of it. Probably something with 112-114 lsa. Have all of you engine specs including head flow #'s when you call, actually I think you can download and e-mail the form at Crane and Comps websites. Chris
Old 10-03-2008, 01:11 AM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

CCS is correct. 112-114 lobe seperation is what your looking for, but remember when talking to cam tech reps don't let them steer you toward the biggest cam you can get keep it a level lower.

I have a 388 blown sbc utilizing a cam with approximately 660 lift & 114 lobe sep.

My heads are set up to accept a larger cam but I kinda like the low maintenance of this cam shaft. I have not broken anythind and I don't have to pull my valve covers off every couple runs to check lash settings.