Thread: How much horsepower on motor mounts?

How much horsepower on motor mounts?

Got a 68 Camaro backhalf car with a BBC around 675 h.p. on Moroso solid motor mounts and a stock trans mount. Thinking about upping my game this winter, possibly a 540 or triple nickle around 850 horse. When do you need to use motor plates and mid plates? Is there a rule of thumb?
    batteriesnotincludedsomeassemblyrequiredindividual resultsmayvary

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I have a 540 in a NOVA with a 12 pt cage and I use the solid motor mounts, a rubber trans mount, AND a front motor plate.I did it to help tie the front together beter and control twist... There is no room for a mid plate in the car the way it is now....I used the solid mounts to locate the engine while I made the mounts for the front plate and then just left them in there.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    A friend of mine has a 75 Nova with a Procharged 540, water to air intercooler. and 3800#'s. Dynoed at just under 1300hp and has run mid 8's on mounts just like yours. I'd have to say that's pretty much the limit.....

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    we twisted mounts on a dart headed Ls7 powered 69 big tire camaro (3240lbs) on a 300 hit...
    this was in 98 or so...made 1000 hp on nos..