Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone done with summit like me

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Anyone done with summit like me

I just ordered a gear drive after tearing down my motor and putting this drive in I have found that they sent the quiet drive instead of the noisy gear. I told the guy I want the loudest most obnoxious noisy gear they had. I called summit and talked to a supervisor who told me that they don't make a noisy gear for my sbc rollor motor... I called jeggs and in two days I had my gear. The supervisor at Summit said that there is nothing they could or would do. This is not the first time I have gotten the wrong part BUT THIS IS THAT LAST TIME I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM SUMMIT AGAIN... The least they could do was to offer to send me the gaskets and oil that I had to buy again. So I am back out taking my motor apart. What would happen to the guy that had to pay someone to work on his car????
    CPT.RON

There I feel better now 8)

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: Anyone done with summit like me

They sent my stuff to the wrong address once...an address I have not lived at for 3 years. I even made it a point when I ordered online to enter in my new address....the guy told me "that's the address we have in our system" I said "So what that aint where I live nor is it the billing address on my card" they sent me more stuff then turned in a claim to UPS. :shock: I know this cause UPS called me asking questions..lol It was their screw up and they bill UPS.

Done a lot with them... wrong mini starter, wrong poly locks, wrong carb gaskets... etc. Had them do more right than wrong, but in the end, it is a pain to return things... they seem to big

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    I quit using them i now use Ron Owens :!:
    Head's up the true drag race!!

I guess I am pretty spoiled in the fact that I have to go past the hole in the wall on the way to and from work daily. When you get the chance to go in an see the parts before you pay the cash, it makes the out come a little better. I think the floor staff is a lot more knowledgable then the phone sales.

The nice thing about Summit's errors is they end up on the bargain table at discounted prices!!! :lol:

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    I buy parts from summit and jegs, but hardly ever call. I like summit web site because for me it's easier to look up parts. To be honest when I make a big order i buy from jegs. No sales tax on out of state orders!! Saved over $200 on tax alone this week!! and yea I do order wrong parts and have to return sometimes, but it's worth it to me.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar1968
    I quit using them i now use Ron Owens :!:

Same Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Jegs cause I order it on Monday afternoon I have it Tuesday. I never call just order online.

i use summit, jegs, speedway, and a couple other houses and so far the only problem i have had is with jegs private brand parts JUNK. as far as summit we have used them for years and never had a problem. yet!

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw256
    i have had is with jegs private brand parts JUNK. !
    What parts? what problems?