pop ups

Old 08-11-2008, 11:03 AM
jeff
SHOW GUEST

Default pop ups

to the new person in charge of this website... stop all the annoying pop-ups. i dont really like the computer much at all anyway and now youre making it worse for me. if they keep up i will probably stop using this site. hope this doesnt fall on blind eyes...
Old 08-11-2008, 12:23 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: pop ups

Originally Posted by jeff
to the new person in charge of this website... stop all the annoying pop-ups. i dont really like the computer much at all anyway and now youre making it worse for me. if they keep up i will probably stop using this site. hope this doesnt fall on blind eyes...

I get no pop ups at all.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:59 PM
ss427nova
CRAFTSMAN

Yea, those pop ups suck, half the time they block my log in box! :evil:
Old 08-11-2008, 04:26 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

DAVID---LOOK AT SOME OF THE CLASSIFIEDS LISTED --WHEN YOU OPEN THE ADD THE TOP AND WHOLE RIGHT SIDE BECOMES AN ADVERTISERER'S DEILGHT[ ALOT OF THE TIME YOU CAN NOT READ THE COMPLETE CLASSIFIED ADD BECAUSE OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT CRAMMED IN THERE!!!]

THIS HAPPENS ALOT OF TIMES ON THE HOME PAGE FOR THE CLASSIFIEDS ALSO!!

THAT IS WHAT I AM GRIPING ABOUT

[LOVE THE SITE BUT GETTING SIC OF ALL THE ADVERTISING TAKING OVER}

LIVELY
Old 08-11-2008, 04:52 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

It seems like in your personal settings,you can select to stop the pop ups,if you are a yearly member..i dont get any....
Old 08-11-2008, 05:44 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
DAVID---LOOK AT SOME OF THE CLASSIFIEDS LISTED --WHEN YOU OPEN THE ADD THE TOP AND WHOLE RIGHT SIDE BECOMES AN ADVERTISERER'S DEILGHT[ ALOT OF THE TIME YOU CAN NOT READ THE COMPLETE CLASSIFIED ADD BECAUSE OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT CRAMMED IN THERE!!!]

THIS HAPPENS ALOT OF TIMES ON THE HOME PAGE FOR THE CLASSIFIEDS ALSO!!

THAT IS WHAT I AM GRIPING ABOUT

[LOVE THE SITE BUT GETTING SIC OF ALL THE ADVERTISING TAKING OVER}

LIVELY
\

ah yea I get that a lot .. more often then not you cant read most the ad
Old 08-14-2008, 08:40 AM
dragracr
SHOW GUEST

Default pop ups

I get popups and im a yearly member.... This jus started recently within the past few months....VERY Annoying!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 08:09 AM
PJ
CRAFTSMAN

Default Hey guys thought I would pop in on this one -no pun intended

Hey guys thought I would pop in on this one -no pun intended

Here is the explanation of any "pop-ups" you may see on the site. Actually we have had reports of these so called "pop-ups" and we spent a while trying to find out where they might have been coming from. It is our own personal policy to NEVER run any kind of advertising program like that. We are computer guys and we hate it when others do this, so we would never do it on our own site. Our reputation is worth more than a cheap way to advertise. So after two weeks of customers having issues with this and us not being able to duplicate the situation we were stumped.

UNTIL! - It was brought to our attention that a new advertising agency that was brought on, was dumping these into our site. Now I've never seen one when I go through the site, BUT I have found on another persons computer, usually using IE as a browser (I use FireFox) so I never got one and apparently you have to Not be logged into the account to see it. That's why many people have not seen it and others have.

BUT - they are not pop-ups like the traditional ones, they are "Mouse Overs" that are Flash based so load time may affect some users and older computers. We had it in the contract that they could not do "pop-ups" but never thought of "Mouse Overs" that expand and do not pop.

Their contract ends this month so for a few more days some users still may see this but most wont.

We apologize for this as we sincerely would never resort to cheap advertising.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:10 AM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Thank you for the explanation and the soon to be made resolution.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:30 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Ya i tried to find a way to get rid of them but couldn't they are extremely aggravating .
i was looking at all my settings and no luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -