Brett Bowers - My rant/story

Old 08-06-2008, 04:19 PM
redwagon
SHOW GUEST

Default Brett Bowers - My rant/story

I know there have been quite a few threads regarding Brett Bowers and Bowers racing engines in Fort Collins, Co, but I haen't told my story yet so here goes.

In March of 2007, I placed a deposit with Brett Bowers for a 347 stroker engine for my Mustang. The engine was supposed to be delivered in mid April. I called Bowers repeatedly, but he rarely answered. The engine eventually was finished and delivered around the first of June. Whatever. I installed and fired it up. It ran for about two minutes and the lost oil pressure. I eventually figured out that an oil galley pulg inside the timing cover blew out because none of them were staked. I told Bowers about it and he said he would take care of it. Never happened. I fixed it myself.

The engine ran, but was always noisy and ran inconsistently. I told Bowers several times over the next few months and he told me he would "take care of it". It never happened. In October, I took the engine out and took it to a different builder for a second opinion. They found that it was a 40 over block with 30 over pistons. Which was the source of all the blow-by. Also the valve reliefs were in the wrong place for my heads, and the block was decked so much the pistons came out the 15 thousandths out of the hole, causing the pistons to hit the heads, causing the noiseand some bent valves. Furthermore, the cam was not the one I specified.

I got in touch with Bowers and told him all of this and he again said he would "take care of it". I tried for about six weeks to get in touch with him again but had no luck, so I had the new engine builders go through it. The ended up replacing the block, pistons, and some valves and put the right can in as well.

In January 2008, I filed a lawsuit against Brett Bowers (an individual) and Bowers Racing) to get my money back. Our original court date was toward the end of March. The day before the court date, I got a letter informing me that Bowers wanted to take the case before a judge instead of a Magistrate and a new court was scheduled for the beginning of May. In the middle of April, I got a letter informing me that Bowers had filed for Bankruptcyand included me. I still had my suit with Bowers racing, though, so I figured I was allright. The day before the new court date, I recieved a phone call from the court informing me that Bowers had shut down his business and dissovled the corporation so my suit with the business was cancelled as well.

In retaliation, I had stickers made for my car that have "Bowers Racing" in a circle with a line through it (like ghostbusters). There's a big one on the hood and rear windshield and small one on the rear 1/4 windows.

This monday, I got a letter from the court informing me that Bowers' bankruptcy went through so I'm basically S.O.L. Today I got letter from Bowers' attroney that basically said he would ne filing charges against me for slander and libel (but he spelled it "liable") unless I remove the stickers from my car.

Welp, that's my story. Thanks for reading it.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:49 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

:x :x Make's one wonder just how people like this can sleep at night ripping people off, that's why i have a Sonny's engine in mine.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:53 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

WAIT---YOU SAID THE COURTS DISOLVED BOWERS RACING!!!!????

HOW CAN THEY PROSECUTE YOU FOR SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT EXIST????

THE MAN WAS A CROOK AND IT WAS SHOWN MANY, MANY TIMES!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

LIVELY
Old 08-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Hmmm an attorney who cant spell whoda thunkit

Have the stickers re-made and say "In My Opinion" and then have the builders name with the slash through it. If you caveat it or preface it by saying its your opinion, then its not libel or slander-At least that is what I was taught in my basic business law classes-and the instructor became a judge so I figure its probably right.

Then you can tell the attorney two things:

1) how to spell libel,
2) and to pound sand.

Just my humble opinion,

Scorp
Old 08-06-2008, 04:56 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-06-2008, 04:56 PM
ss427nova
CRAFTSMAN

Get thee to a civil injury lawyer! You don't have to be injured physically to file a claim.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

If you are just stating facts how can you be doing something wrong?