anti-rollbar

Old 08-05-2008, 05:43 PM
br1984
APPRENTICE

Default anti-rollbar

need info on how to set up car for rollbar i know how to mount it do you leave preload in car or take it out driver out right i heard driver needed to be in it i cant see how that would work ? thangs
Old 08-05-2008, 07:11 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

If this is a 4-link car I would leave one of the drop links disconnected until you have the suspension set up, including preload. This is done with the driver weight in the car. Then connect the drop link and set the anti roll bar neutral.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:05 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Good :?: i want to put one on my car also, but i've had advice from a couple good sources that had installed them and then removed them. One a 66 nova s/blk that runs 8.60's he said the car never reacted the same 2 passes in a row, it kept binding. He had a powder coated shaft. So with that in mind i was thinking only to have needdle bearing shaft unit. But i too would like to hear opinions on the anti-roll bar installion.

Zip.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:27 AM
br1984
APPRENTICE

Default anti-rollbar

it is a ladder bar car
Old 08-06-2008, 03:47 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Re: anti-rollbar

Originally Posted by br1984
it is a ladder bar car
I would still set it up the same way but ladder bars usually don't require an anti roll. Why are you installing one?
Old 08-06-2008, 05:28 PM
br1984
APPRENTICE

Default anti-rollbar

hi i have a 2/3 chassis vega it wants to turn right on starting line i have pre loaded it more then normal bought new coilvers springs changed tires no matter what you do it wants to turn it workes better if you let wheelie bars up a little if front comes off the ground it turns i would realy appreciate any help thangs barry
Old 08-06-2008, 10:23 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

In the chassis section there is some info on what you are doing,you may want to read this thread for ideas and help.

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=2363
Old 08-07-2008, 05:11 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Re: anti-rollbar

Originally Posted by br1984
hi i have a 2/3 chassis vega it wants to turn right on starting line i have pre loaded it more then normal bought new coilvers springs changed tires no matter what you do it wants to turn it workes better if you let wheelie bars up a little if front comes off the ground it turns i would realy appreciate any help thangs barry
An anti roll bar is used to minimize body roll you wouldn't want to add one to try to correct the problem you're having. Follow the thread topsportsman linked to get the basics. You will want to check for anything that may be flexing or binding through the suspension's travel. I have seen a few ladder bar back-halved cars that the bars would hit the floor as the suspension would compress. You want to make sure the shocks aren't bottoming out too.