bowtie 18 deree heads?

Old 08-05-2008, 05:29 PM
CHEVYMATT
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default bowtie 18 deree heads?

i have a chance to buy a pair of bowtie part number 10134352 aluminum heads . they have seats and guides . they look like they will flow huge. anyway does anyone have any good info one these heads ive done some research but have yet to find flow capabilities. and do you guy think these head will be a bit much for a standard 406 11 to 1 motor. with 670 solid roller. it has a bowtie intake number 101085058 but i have not found any info on this intake . thanks for the help
Old 08-05-2008, 05:39 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: bowtie 18 deree heads?

Originally Posted by z2811secpass
i have a chance to buy a pair of bowtie part number 10134352 aluminum heads . they have seats and guides . they look like they will flow huge. anyway does anyone have any good info one these heads ive done some research but have yet to find flow capabilities. and do you guy think these head will be a bit much for a standard 406 11 to 1 motor. with 670 solid roller. it has a bowtie intake number 101085058 but i have not found any info on this intake . thanks for the help
I dont know these heads but do know going to a 18 degree head usually takes a lot more then most think. Intake, headers, offset lifters. I think to take full advantage of them you would want more compression.

Just remember flow #'s mean slim to nothing.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:23 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

Add new pistons. 18's will be better than your standard 23˚ heads, but as mentioned are not as cheap.