Thread: bowtie 18 deree heads?

bowtie 18 deree heads?

i have a chance to buy a pair of bowtie part number 10134352 aluminum heads . they have seats and guides . they look like they will flow huge. anyway does anyone have any good info one these heads ive done some research but have yet to find flow capabilities. and do you guy think these head will be a bit much for a standard 406 11 to 1 motor. with 670 solid roller. it has a bowtie intake number 101085058 but i have not found any info on this intake . thanks for the help

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: bowtie 18 deree heads?

Quote Originally Posted by z2811secpass
    i have a chance to buy a pair of bowtie part number 10134352 aluminum heads . they have seats and guides . they look like they will flow huge. anyway does anyone have any good info one these heads ive done some research but have yet to find flow capabilities. and do you guy think these head will be a bit much for a standard 406 11 to 1 motor. with 670 solid roller. it has a bowtie intake number 101085058 but i have not found any info on this intake . thanks for the help
    I dont know these heads but do know going to a 18 degree head usually takes a lot more then most think. Intake, headers, offset lifters. I think to take full advantage of them you would want more compression.

Just remember flow #'s mean slim to nothing.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE jmarksdragster's Avatar
    Add new pistons. 18's will be better than your standard 23˚ heads, but as mentioned are not as cheap.
    Mark Whitener
    http://racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org

Good work isn't cheap, and cheap work can't be good.