Thread: valve springs

valve springs

I sold everything and stopped racing 6 years ago,well I have had a new round tube moly car built.I am now gathering parts to build a new motor my plan is to build a 632" merlin 10.2 with 18* big chiefs.

My question is this, I always used K-motion valve springs on my motors in the past but it seems no one is using them anymore and Iam wondering why? Whats your opinion?
    Big Chief head beginner

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I think a lot of racers are liking the PSI springs, i know i do also the Nextex springs are high on the list.

JMO

Zip.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE jmarksdragster's Avatar
    PAC or PSI are the best choices. Ed Wilson/Ed-Vanced is a PAC dealer and can get you what you need.
    Mark Whitener
    http://racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org

Good work isn't cheap, and cheap work can't be good.

sounds like we are building a similar motor to what I have run and am in the process of rebuilding...you didn't say how tight you intend to turn it, or what the cam profile is going to be like.
    But I like Pac(pacaloy), PSI, nextek, vasco jet(lots of brands wound with this material). pretty much in that order.

Are you going to spray that bad boy?
    what tranny?

Quote Originally Posted by racecrafter
    sounds like we are building a similar motor to what I have run and am in the process of rebuilding...you didn't say how tight you intend to turn it, or what the cam profile is going to be like.
    But I like Pac(pacaloy), PSI, nextek, vasco jet(lots of brands wound with this material). pretty much in that order.

Are you going to spray that bad boy?
    what tranny?
    No spray,I have the trans its a BTE 180 strait cut gear glide no converter yet.
    cam will be .850 lift or there abouts still talking to engine builder about that.

Car should weight about 2700 pounds with me in it I weight 200 I will not let it go beyond 2750.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I like the Manley Nexteks have worked very well for me
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Manley Nexteks are pretty hard to beat
    Competition Engines & Hardcore Engine Parts
    www.cnc-motorsports.com
    [email protected]

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    I run the pac #1355 springs on mine and had a couple of them break recently. There was no apparent reason they broke, they were installed within their guidelines. I called and talked to PAC and told them the problem I was having and they sent me a complete new set, without question, now is that customer service or what. I will never buy a different brand spring again.
    Unpredictable Pro Mudd Racing
    2009 MRA Pro Mod Champion
    3 time National Record Holder

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...mud/3158-1.jpg

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar

Re: valve springs

Quote Originally Posted by promodjohn
    I sold everything and stopped racing 6 years ago,well I have had a new round tube moly car built.I am now gathering parts to build a new motor my plan is to build a 632" merlin 10.2 with 18* big chiefs.

My question is this, I always used K-motion valve springs on my motors in the past but it seems no one is using them anymore and Iam wondering why? Whats your opinion?

i DON'T think you would be shooting yourself in the foot if you used the k-motion..i have used them in the past on High hp blown motors...no problems..

of course this is my opinion only
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

10. Racing Junk