Death Bike

Old 07-31-2008, 04:14 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Default Death Bike

Well, think it is time to devote more time to Hot Rods & sell my CR450F... 20 years ago I was 18... I am 20 years too old for this. My neck is trashed!! Plus, this bike wants to secretly kill me... I know it. Has anyone sold a bike on here? I have zero expeirence selling online... & I am not in a great local area to sell close to home. I am wondering about shipping too. A dirt bike has to be easier than shipping a car... maybe. Anyone want a fast pit-bike? It will only go about 80mph (on one wheel), but I bet you could get about a 14 to 15 sec 1/4. Anyways, feed back?
Old 08-01-2008, 02:59 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.motorcycleads.com/

I think they are related to racing junk. There used to be a link from one to the other. RJ also has a dirt bike section. I don't know about shipping for sure. But I think if you can strap it to a pallet any trucking service can ship it. That is how they ship scooters.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

SLOMO: many thanks. I will review the link you sent, I never noticed the dirt bike section until reciently, so I will do some market comp's from there too. Yeah, If a trucking company could do it, that would help on cost I am sure.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:52 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I have a 2003 TTR225. A VERY mild trail bike. It's actually the offroad version of the dual purpose bike. I use it to chase my kids around the woods. I couldn't imagine a 450 race bike. Kinda like you 20 yrs ago it would been a blast. I rarely ride mine and I'm thinking about selling it and buying a 4 wheeler. My wife has a Honda 250 that's alot of fun to ride. My kids have cr125, cr80, and a pw80. A couple of years ago on their first bikes they couldn't keep up with dad, now they wait on me, lol.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Yep, I hear you. I would be better with a trail bike, but I get hurt doing things I should not do. It's time to hang up the helmet & go after drag racing more. I agree, the 4-wheeler would be good too. Plus I would use it to hunt...
Old 08-03-2008, 06:03 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

We used to have dirt bikes,KTM's,got rid of them and went to 4 wheelers.Never go back to 2 wheels.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well Olds, I must say the KTM's are pretty nice... I love the hydraulic clutches they have... like butter!! Nice bikes now days. The 450R is all snort... good bike for a youger person other than myself. I am thinkin a Polaris 4 whlr... sell & add money toward the Gasser fund or something.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:40 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

4 wheelers without clutches are very nice. Just put it in forward and go. My wife's has the electric shift. It has up and down buttons on the bars. You still have to shift but no clutch.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Slomo, which one do you guys have? I agree, no shift is good. Just 4wd & winch, & this would be a good rig to hunt & my kids & wife would love it. What brand do you think is good?
Old 08-04-2008, 11:44 AM
nghollis
APPRENTICE

Default Death Bike

Rigsby, I have 4 atvs that we use for hunting and just too ride for fun.They are all Hondas.I have owned Yamaha,Kawasaki,and Polaris.I will ONLY buy Honda from now on.And NO I am not a Honda dealer or rep.They just seem to be a better built bike.I have 1 with a electric shift and it is nice when you are just riding for fun.But when we ride to the deerstand,we ride with our rifles slung over our necks and shoulders with the guns in front of our body.I teach my son to ride with one hand on the rifle to keep it steady and not to bump the scope.this makes it awkward for him to use the elec.shift and work the throttle at the same time.Just thought I would add my 2 cents. Nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -