motorcycle question 600 frame 250 motor??

Old 07-25-2008, 10:28 PM
elijahsz28
SHOW GUEST

Default motorcycle question 600 frame 250 motor??

Hey im 16 yrs old and im tryin to get into motorcycles and my dad said i have to start out on a 250 so i was wondering if i could take say a 600cc bike and take the motor out and put in a 250cc motor and be able to ride it my concern is with it being a smaller engine it will throw off the weight distribution on the bike and make it handle bad wobble, weave or something like that and also would that even be worth it??
Old 07-26-2008, 03:34 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Even if it worked, I think it would look funny. I assume you are talking about a street bike. If so then why don't you look into Kawasaki's Ninja 250? It's a very cool bike and gets great gas mileage. Also you should look into signing up for a Motorcycle safety course. http://www.msf-usa.org/

Another good starter bike is the Buel Blast. They are 500cc but they are only a single cylinder.

Ninja 250

Buell Blast

Old 07-26-2008, 03:38 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Also WEAR SAFETY GEAR!!!

Like my Friends say "Don't dress for the ride, Dress for the crash".
You can be the best rider in the world. That doesn't help when somebody not paying attention turns right in front of you.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:58 AM
elijahsz28
SHOW GUEST

thnx for the info