Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: T&D VS JESEL SHAFT ROCKERS SBC

  1. #1
    Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    133

    T&D VS JESEL SHAFT ROCKERS SBC

    Ok.. im wondering if anyone can comment on the differences between T&D shaft rockers for SBC 23 degree heads .. vs Jesel Sportman shaft rocker setup.
    This engine is being built now.. orig i was going to use Jesel sportsman setup .. but my builder called me to say he feels the T&D's "look" much better and the cost is very close.
    So at this point im wondering are the T&D'S at least as good or better then the Jesel setup? Wanna be sure the builder isnt taking a shortcut.

    thanks in advance.
    Keith

  2. #2
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coldwater, MI
    Posts
    2,998

    Re: T&D VS JESEL SHAFT ROCKERS SBC

    Quote Originally Posted by dynaguy03
    Ok.. im wondering if anyone can comment on the differences between T&D shaft rockers for SBC 23 degree heads .. vs Jesel Sportman shaft rocker setup.
    This engine is being built now.. orig i was going to use Jesel sportsman setup .. but my builder called me to say he feels the T&D's "look" much better and the cost is very close.
    So at this point im wondering are the T&D'S at least as good or better then the Jesel setup? Wanna be sure the builder isnt taking a shortcut.

    thanks in advance.
    Keith

    Keith,
    I've ran both setups and either or is as good as the other IMO. But also the T&D setup should be more money then the Jesel Sportsman Series for sure. Its been a few years sense I've ran the Sportsmans, but if I recall right the difference was that the rocker stands werent tighted together like the pro series. Either way it worked out good for me.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

    Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ms.
    Posts
    191
    The T&D rockers are what I would recomend, get the full race version with spring oilers. What 23* heads are you putting them on? I have a good used set for Dart heads.

    The T&D race series is cheaper than Jesel Race series, there is no comparison between the sportsman stuff and the race version which is called Pro Series I believe.

  4. #4
    Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    133

    thanks

    Well ... im putting these on Canfeild heads... and thanks for the info..T&D is what im going to use. Looks like my engine guy is liking them better then the jesel sportsman series.. his claim is they arent that much more money ..rather have him work with what he likes cause if it goes south .. its all on him..plus these builders are like babies sometimes if they have to work with something they dont wanna work with.

    thanks
    Keith

  5. #5
    Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmemud
    The T&D rockers are what I would recomend, get the full race version with spring oilers. What 23* heads are you putting them on? I have a good used set for Dart heads.

    The T&D race series is cheaper than Jesel Race series, there is no comparison between the sportsman stuff and the race version which is called Pro Series I believe.
    How much for the t&d

  6. #6
    Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    101

    Re: thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by dynaguy03
    rather have him work with what he likes cause if it goes south .. its all on him..plus these builders are like babies sometimes if they have to work with something they dont wanna work with.

    thanks
    Keith
    Wow, that's a nice thing to say about your engine builder, ..
    In general builders have opinions about parts based on their experience
    of what works and what is a better deal, .. it's what you actually pay them for.

    Our shop uses and recomends T&D for all of our race heads, ..
    nothing against Jessel, .. .. but the T&D service and price seem to
    be a little better.

    Curtis
    ----------------------------------------
    Race Flow Development
    Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
    http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com

  7. #7
    Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400
    Posts
    540
    T&D Sportsmans like the Jesel Sportsmans are entry level but have a few differences.

    T&D Sportsman has a larger diameter axle and roller bearings in the trunion.

    Both use a splash through the pushrod hole upper end oiling, meaning similar to factory the oil splashes out and drips down.

    The Jesel Professionals all of them, still use this same oiling system.

    The T&D Proffessionals have a pressure fed oiling through the pushrods in to the rocker arm, from rocker arms through the trunion bearings and out the tip oiling the roller tip and for less than $20.00 will include spring oilers too. I love them.

    Ed
    " Let all things that hath breath, praise the Lord. Praise Ye the Lord" Psalms 150 vs 6.

  8. #8
    Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    133
    Curtis.. i wasnt meaning to offend.. but ive had a rough go with a builder who was less then honest. Now i have it at someone i belive is good and honest. We will see after my dyno session and how he supports his stuff after i leave the building.
    Anyway... thanks for the T&D info.. They are already installed on the heads ..

    Thanks
    Keith


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright © 2005-2016 RacingJunk.com All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the RacingJunk.com
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy