Thread: TRANS BRAKE SWITCH

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER

TRANS BRAKE SWITCH

WHICH TRANS BRAKE SWITCH DO YOU USEAND WHY?WHO DO YOU FEEL MAKES THE MOST CONSISTENT SWITCH ON THE MARKET?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: TRANS BRAKE SWITCH

Quote Originally Posted by et7333
    WHICH TRANS BRAKE SWITCH DO YOU USEAND WHY?WHO DO YOU FEEL MAKES THE MOST CONSISTENT SWITCH ON THE MARKET?
    I've used a lot of different ones and always got back to the little red button switch, mushroom is decent also. I got my hands on a new Trans Trigger a few weeks ago, I can see how they would be good to some racers just not for me. Reactor button I disliked.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

I'm currently using the reactor,but looking to see whats better.What didn't you like about the REACTOR and Whats your opion about the Trans Trigger?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Quote Originally Posted by et7333
    I'm currently using the reactor,but looking to see whats better.What didn't you like about the REACTOR and Whats your opion about the Trans Trigger?
    Reactor I just couldnt get a feel for, some love it though just wasnt for me.
    Trans Trigger I could see where it'd take some getting used to thats for sure, but that being said I think people that flinch or are jumpy would benfit from it.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

It would be nice to know what type, brand and where to purchase the switch that is used in the Trans Trigger.

??

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Trans Brake switch

i recently switched to Biondo "Double 0" adjustable button. I like it because you can adjust the "throw"/ Activation travel sensitivity. My light has improved. Its of heavy duty contruction too.

Keith

dont mean to highjack this thread, but sense we are on the topic of transbrake switches/buttons, i couldn't help myself & the chance to ask. ok, you have the trans brake solenoid, the push button, the trans brake activation light, and a relay, how is all this hooked up together? i have a msd 7531 box?

i got the dedenbear fully adjustable micro switch in my 4 link super pro/top dragster. i'd call it a medium size button head. i also have the dedenbear, what i call "ray charles", xl headed button in our blown pro top outlaw dragster/heads up car. It came in the car when we bought it. I really dont care for the oversized button. to me its just way to much surface area. you have to be sure your pulling straight off or your not very consistant.