anybody selling anything

Old 07-06-2008, 05:12 AM
zipp45
APPRENTICE

Default anybody selling anything

with the economy in the shape it's in and the asking prices of some of the stuff on here am I the only one who thinks some of you people are on something with the prices your asking for some of this racing junk auto's or oh yeah trade value is higher some people I know have ads out and the person wants to trade ,but are not sincere and the deal doesn't happen and gas prices hurt travel to go get or meet someone to do a deal.Some of the stuff for sale is so over priced it's funny but I guess people think if you don't ask anybody have any thoughts on this or have you sold something close to your asking price ??
Old 07-06-2008, 06:56 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Some of the prices are so over priced they have to be on something. NOT CRACK because the price would be little or nothing!! lol
Some stuff in the mud racing adds is just plain junk and with a high price. ("no pun intended rj" !)
I had a dang good BBC with well over 20k in it that i gave away. It killed me to sell it so cheap, but like most I needed the money to fund my new motor. Times are realy tough and you would think you could find some realy gooood deals.
just because you can advertise on the internet doesn't mean it's worth twice as much!! And why would anybody post an add and not have ANY pictures?? :x
Old 07-06-2008, 09:30 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

hey rabbit, just checked out your myspace.damn boy thats one of the best ive seen yet and funnny! love the music ken
Old 07-06-2008, 10:39 AM
bigs1975
CRAFTSMAN

A lot of people put high prices on they're stuff to see if they can get that amount.Most people come way off the asking price to make the right deal.I've learned on RJ that people will deal with you If they really want to make a sell.I used to let asking prices scare me and not even bother with an offer.I just manned up and said screw the worst they can do is say no.
As far as gas prices and traveling I try to look for stuff in my area or within a couple hundred miles.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:40 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

outlaw256

hey rabbit, just checked out your myspace.damn boy thats one of the best ive seen yet and funnny! love the music ken
hey ken. not much new going on right now, but when i get the new motor in it i'll add a bunch more!
Thanks.

Originally Posted by bigs1975
As far as gas prices and traveling I try to look for stuff in my area or within a couple hundred miles.
I wouldn't be afraid to ask some of the guys from this forum to look at something for me if it weren't to far for them. i'd do it in a "heartbeat" (lol) if it would help somebody find what they wanted.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:12 PM
GTA88
SHOW GUEST

I agree that everything is priced high on here just my 2 cents I check this site everyday looking for deals but I am still looking
Old 07-08-2008, 05:01 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I will be honest. I got a motor for sale on here. I think the price is fair but fully expect to negotiate a lesser price. It is how it works. I have done it with everything I have sold. If the offer is fair and reasonable, then I can be fair and reasonable as well. Bottom line, it is compromise that makes both people happy.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:43 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
I will be honest. I got a motor for sale on here. I think the price is fair but fully expect to negotiate a lesser price. It is how it works. I have done it with everything I have sold. If the offer is fair and reasonable, then I can be fair and reasonable as well. Bottom line, it is compromise that makes both people happy.
THAT IS ALL PART OF SELLING AND TRADING

LIVELY
Old 07-08-2008, 07:59 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Buy low, sell high. Take from the needy and sell to the greedy.

Most ask ridicously high prices just to see IF some will pay it, but if not then the REAL price comes into play and then money talks.
Its just the way it works. JMO> Cp
Old 07-09-2008, 02:40 PM
sc4405
JUNIOR BUILDER

I've sold a few things on here, most recently a trailer. I figure used race parts ought to bring 1/2 of new price and for the most part that's what they brought. But I priced stuff that way to start with and didn't hafta haggle too much on most deals. Biggest problem I have right now is getting people to call me back, I'm trying to replace my sold trailer and some people have a communication problem! When selling I checked messages daily and made sure to return them or call. Just common courtesy.....but yeah money's tight right now for sure. 8) JB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -