PRO SYSTEMS CARBS ANY GOOD?

Old 06-30-2008, 04:29 PM
dynaguy03
MASTER BUILDER

Default PRO SYSTEMS CARBS ANY GOOD?

Im looking to know people's experiance with Pro Systems .. im putting together a new combo and am looking for a carb.. not just a ho- hum carb but one that will "WORK".. without going thru hell and back .
Dyno is coming soon so i gotta make a decision soon... anyone have other good experiances with other carbs that made power improvments without going thru hell?

thank
Keith
Old 06-30-2008, 04:54 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: PRO SYSTEMS CARBS ANY GOOD?

Originally Posted by dynaguy03
Im looking to know people's experiance with Pro Systems .. im putting together a new combo and am looking for a carb.. not just a ho- hum carb but one that will "WORK".. without going thru hell and back .
Dyno is coming soon so i gotta make a decision soon... anyone have other good experiances with other carbs that made power improvments without going thru hell?

thank
Keith
A lot like pro systems, he seems to be good I personally deal with APD
www.apdracing.com one of the best if not the best there is.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:36 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

What size and 4150 or 4500?
Old 06-30-2008, 05:49 PM
dynaguy03
MASTER BUILDER

Old 06-30-2008, 09:19 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

A 4150 is tough to screw up, although some do. BLP or Braswell are good sources. What is it going on and how big were you looking to go? The old 4776 thru 4781 Holleys are tough to beat out of the box with the right jets.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:54 PM
dynaguy03
MASTER BUILDER

Im looking to size the carb for a 388 ci sbc.. not totally sure of what cfm yet.. figure i will give the motor specs to the carb builder and let them make a reccomendation. Heads have 210 runners no flow numbers yet as they are being done as we speak,
I have a mighty demon 850 anular but that carb im not so sold on. Although i had it on shitty motor built by AR Racing in Sumerduck VA,.. with the new motorbuilt by a REAL builder.. maybe it will be a different story.. but if not i need to get something...i can plop on adjust jets and be done .. and make usable track power
Old 07-01-2008, 05:15 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

I would start with what you have and have something to compare to, although a good Dominator would net a little more ET depending on how much cam.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:44 AM
dynaguy03
MASTER BUILDER

I agree mark.. i have a friend lending me an AED 750 for use on the dyno..maybe too small ,but im going to use the Demon 850 and the AED 750 and see what the dyno tells us.

thanks
keith
Old 07-02-2008, 12:34 PM
tcarda
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: PRO SYSTEMS CARBS ANY GOOD?

Originally Posted by dynaguy03

thank
Keith
I bought a new 4500 Pro Systems carb earlier this year and all we had to do on the dyno is jet up the secondaries a couple and it was good to go. There are 4 guys that I work with that have Pro Systems and are happy with theirs too.
Tim
Old 07-03-2008, 06:16 AM
ashtrak
MASTER BUILDER

Why not try a AED carb period. They will build you what you want with your specs. and are very good people to deal with...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -