BEWARE of bertmotorsports in East Moline,IL.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Rocket6
SHOW GUEST

Default BEWARE of bertmotorsports in East Moline,IL.

I purchased a brinn tranny from Jason at bertmotorsports in East Moline,IL. and was described to me as being only a half season(12nights) on it since it was new, it was in excellent shape and ran excellent. I paid promptly $1000 for it and after an inspection by a local professional I found out the tranny was trash! There were washers missing,washers in the wrong spot,washers crushed,bearings bad,clutches shot,gears broke,casing broke,etc... The inside indicated it had a very hard life and someone tried rebuilding it that didn't know what they were doing. $600 dollars later I tried multiple times to resolve this issue with Jason he just gave me the runaround! I have just as much into it as I would have buying a new one and I still have a missing tooth on the reverse gear and a chunk taken out of the casing. Don't let this happen to you stay away from bertmotorsports!!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:07 PM
1923t
JOURNEYMAN

I just happened to do a search on bertmotorsports and sad to say, I see Jason scammed another buyer.
Jason Bert, 2901 19th St., East Moline, IL. 61244
Ph: 563 529 0654 and the number is a cell phone based in Davenport, IA.
He had scammed me to on a block a few years back. Something’s never change. Sounds like he is still selling Junk and still steeling people’s money.
As the saying goes: Once a thief always a thief.
I know he sells on Ebay to under: bertmotorsports
If you do a search using Ad number: 170436044444. This should bring up the ebay account. I try to send ebay the notices alerts whenever I run across his ads. Not sure if it does any good. It looks like Jason is still allowed to sell on ebay.
I do not think Ebay should drop off the negative feedback ratings after one year. It does not show the true rating percentage of the seller.
If you go to show all feedback, you will see there was more than just the 2 negative feedback showing. You will see in some of the negative feedback that Jason has sold junk on Ebay to.
If only there were some new laws in place for internet fraud to make it easier for the victims to press charges easier and allowing the police to be able to act faster to stop these internet thieves.
If anyone knows if Jason has a current ad running here on Racing Junk or any other web sites, please post the number of the ad and the web site. Let’s try to put a stop to Jason steeling people’s hard earned money.