Thread: New Mufflers...

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

New Mufflers...

I have all Hooker exhuast & really hate the mufflers! Typical fiberglass insulation type problems... they blow out, sound like crap, etc... right now they are 3" hooker mufflers. Had some Flomasters on a different car & liked them. I need to get some soon... any reccomendations? Leaning towards Flomasters, but would like to hear suggestions from you too. It is BBC street/strip.

Flowmasters are the best you can get. If you want something comparable without the big sticker price, look into Magnaflow.

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    Try typing "restrictive mufflers" in the searc box, you will get 49 results. Alot of good reading. Pay close attention to this one, and the link in it.
    http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...ctive+mufflers

not long ago i read a comparison write up on mufflers fpr hp cars, flowmasters were at the bottom of the list.sounds ok but very restictive. on all the dynos flowmasters lost horsepowerand torque at the rear wheels. as soon as i find where i read it i will post it

Outlaw: this is exactly why I asked... I have heard that somewhere, but I thought it was a rumor. I love the way they sound... but I am looking for the best performance too. All I know is that these are my last Hookers... time for something new.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

muffler

Check out the Dynomax Ultra Flow mufflers,they have a real good sound.

IM STILL LOOKING , its not a rumor. i read that comparision about a month ago.started to print it out to hang up in the shop but we were out of paper and i forgot to mark it.BUT i will find it.

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    check out the spintech mufflers..they have some great sounding high flowing mufflers..i use the pro-street xl,s..
    when i mash the loud pedal i want everyone to think the world is going to end

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    There was one on SpeedTalk that Joe Sherman started and the link is http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic...light=mufflers
    It actually talked about dyno tests and talked about running Magnaflow.

Hope this helps,
    Bill Mitchell

that wasnt the one but that pretty much sums it up.