OneStopMotors.com

Old 06-19-2008, 03:14 PM
BAD134
SHOW GUEST

Default OneStopMotors.com

I was contacted today from someone representing OneStopMotors.com. They do a good sell. They do all the advertising for your vehicle, screen calls, set up financing, set up delivery....of course for a fee. Is this a scam? Has anyone heard of them? I checked out their website but still have doubts. The website is http://www.onestopmotors.com/index.aspx . Any feedback is welcome.
Brian
Old 06-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Two Cents

I sell cars from time to time on the Web; Ebay, collectorcartrader, old ride-and I get unsolicited emails from brokers offering to assist me for a fee-I never take them up on it. Why?

What can they offer me that I cant do myself? Most likely this is a lightly traveled site, and its unlikely you'll sell your vehicle.

If you want to post on the Web, do your home work and stick to the sites that people know about and which will let them see your car. Why pay a broker?

If its not a scam, probably still not worth it.

Later
Old 06-20-2008, 02:22 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I get calls from people like them also usually 1-2 times a month. I ask them how they plan on helping me sell my car. Usually get some odd ball answer and I tell them I dont need your help if I did i'd of called you and tell them dont call me back seems to never work though.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:21 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
I get calls from people like them also usually 1-2 times a month. I ask them how they plan on helping me sell my car. Usually get some odd ball answer and I tell them I dont need your help if I did i'd of called you and tell them dont call me back seems to never work though.
Do what I do to telemarketers...say you want to think about it for a bit...then ask them for their home telephone number...they usually are caught off guard and say something like "excuse me? did you say my home number?" then you say " yeah...I'll think about it and then I will call you at home when you are trying to eat dinner or trying to get things done...or better yet, when you are in bed trying to get some sleep."

Usually you will get several seconds of silence, and then an apology for bothering you.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:13 AM
mep
JOURNEYMAN

Default ONE STOP MOTORS

I have ad #1197700 active. They contacted me also. I found them to be a boiler room operation where you talk to a girl when you call in, and she hands you over to a closer. They charge you a fee, in their case $495.00 to help you sell your car and offer many benefits. The closer claims that they make their money on kickbacks from finance companies and I suppose also from the buyer, like Barrett-Jackson where both parties take a hit. I got a bad feeling from them-seems like they need an answer right away and want your credit card # to get their $495 asap. I would bet you never hear from them after that. I told them no thanks, at which time the closer became indignant and arrogant. I would stay away, my opinion. mep
Old 07-01-2008, 02:34 PM
yankee0177
SHOW GUEST

well i guss i f-up because i have a f750 flat bed that has been on rj &
ebay, and a ton of outer places.. but still has not sold.. i have been
trying to get rid of it for about 8mos now... so they called me and i
would think about it and did two weeks later i called them back and
call from them and it has been about 6mos.. so i think it was a wast
of my money.....

i had more hits on ebay then any sight... time are tight and no one wants to spend any money right now

dont do it is what i am saying keep your money put back on e-bay or
auto trader..
Old 07-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Just a thought

Sorry to hear that-I do a lot of car searches on the web and I have never hit that site-My guess is that its off the beaten search path.

I did take a look and did not see anything that sets them apart from RJ or Ebay-

You might try craigslist as well-I get some traffic from that.

There is one thing you can do though. You spent $500, at least bug them to death and try to use up $500 of their time-Call them every week and ask what they are doing to sell your car-keep them on the phone awhile. maybe they will get so tired of talking to you they'll give you some kind of refund. I doubt they are used to real work.

Later