Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Why would list an item and refuse to give a price to a buyer

  1. #1

    Why would list an item and refuse to give a price to a buyer

    BOSSPIN has a custom motorcycle listed on this site. The bike sounds nice. However, he did not list a price (not uncommon). I emailed him to get information and the asking price. He refused to give me a price! He said that he would only give the price to people who were interested. Hello.... If I was not interested, I would not have asked for a price... I emailed him the the same statement. Then he got upset and said that I had a bad attitude. Let me see, If I wanted to sell something and you wanted to buy it, what is the first thing that you would ask me?.....PRICE...
    I bought a different motorcycle not on this sight.....I was still a little miffed over his attitude, so I wrote to tell him that I purchased a bike from someone who really wanted to sell and not just display their bike. He then emailed me and called me everything but a milk cow........How do people like this expect to sell anything?

  2. #2
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE lively's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    ILLINOIS
    Posts
    2,191
    THE WAY I SEE IT IS HE DID NOT WANT TO SELL THE BIKE-HE WANTED SOMEONE TO BEG HIM AND PLEAD WITH HIM ON THIS BIKE ops: ops: ops: ---NOT HAPPENING WITH ME ON ANY DEAL

    IF YOU WANT TO SELL SOMETHING DESCRIBE IT / HAVE LOTS OF PICS/SEND MORE IF SOMEONE IS ASKING/HAVE A PRICE ON IT/ BE WILLING TO DEAL IF NEEDED/---AND BE POLITE AND NOT BILLIGERENT TO BUYERS ASKING ????? :wink: :wink: :wink:

    I AM GLAD YOU FOUND ANOTHER BIKE AND HOPE YOU ENJOY IT :lol: :lol:
    LIVELY

  3. #3
    Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    atwood,Ky
    Posts
    302
    i had a guy do me basicly the same way, he had a fuel cell f/s,i e-mailed him & ask the size,he said "can't sell it unless you come get it cause it had gas in it at one time" :? ok no problem lives two hours from here & a buddy was going to be in that city that weekend."i'm not going to sell it this weekend" :shock: imo i think guys have the lovely's up their azz's to get rid of stuff they don't want to part with & can't say i'm keeping my stuff sweety!!MANUP !!instead of bothering us guys who really want to buy stuff.p.s. he wasn't the first & i know not the last.thanks for letting me cry a little guys ops:

  4. #4
    Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    spring creek nv.
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by lively
    THE WAY I SEE IT IS HE DID NOT WANT TO SELL THE BIKE-HE WANTED SOMEONE TO BEG HIM AND PLEAD WITH HIM ON THIS BIKE ops: ops: ops: ---NOT HAPPENING WITH ME ON ANY DEAL

    IF YOU WANT TO SELL SOMETHING DESCRIBE IT / HAVE LOTS OF PICS/SEND MORE IF SOMEONE IS ASKING/HAVE A PRICE ON IT/ BE WILLING TO DEAL IF NEEDED/---AND BE POLITE AND NOT BILLIGERENT TO BUYERS ASKING ????? :wink: :wink: :wink:

    I AM GLAD YOU FOUND ANOTHER BIKE AND HOPE YOU ENJOY IT :lol: :lol:
    LIVELY
    agree with lively 100% and another thing about these as^ hol#^ that burns my butt..they list something for sale and you e-mail for more details/price/or just how they want paid BUT THEY NEVER RETURM ANY MESSAGES

  5. #5
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Staunton, IL
    Posts
    943
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodharley
    Quote Originally Posted by lively
    THE WAY I SEE IT IS HE DID NOT WANT TO SELL THE BIKE-HE WANTED SOMEONE TO BEG HIM AND PLEAD WITH HIM ON THIS BIKE ops: ops: ops: ---NOT HAPPENING WITH ME ON ANY DEAL

    IF YOU WANT TO SELL SOMETHING DESCRIBE IT / HAVE LOTS OF PICS/SEND MORE IF SOMEONE IS ASKING/HAVE A PRICE ON IT/ BE WILLING TO DEAL IF NEEDED/---AND BE POLITE AND NOT BILLIGERENT TO BUYERS ASKING ????? :wink: :wink: :wink:

    I AM GLAD YOU FOUND ANOTHER BIKE AND HOPE YOU ENJOY IT :lol: :lol:
    LIVELY
    agree with lively 100% and another thing about these as^ hol#^ that burns my butt..they list something for sale and you e-mail for more details/price/or just how they want paid BUT THEY NEVER RETURM ANY MESSAGES
    I think some guys log on here to sell a car and when it sells, they just don't bother to come back to remove the add.

  6. #6
    Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    canton,ohio
    Posts
    5
    i don't understand some folks out there...i was looking for a C4 trans awhile back,,found one local,,,emailed seller about it,,he was all into the spec's and price right off,,,,,sounded good to me,,,,when i mentioned i was local i would come pick it up he changed to,,,,i'm gonna keep it put it back in car..now the man had 2 C4's listed,,,,now won't sell either one,,had mine fixed for 1500.,, his loss not mine now

  7. #7
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by shimm
    i don't understand some folks out there...i was looking for a C4 trans awhile back,,found one local,,,emailed seller about it,,he was all into the spec's and price right off,,,,,sounded good to me,,,,when i mentioned i was local i would come pick it up he changed to,,,,i'm gonna keep it put it back in car..now the man had 2 C4's listed,,,,now won't sell either one,,had mine fixed for 1500.,, his loss not mine now
    It is easier to hide from someone several states away when you sell them a junk transmission. This guy obviously knew there was something wrong and if you were local would have had to deal with you.

  8. #8
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    EUGENE,OR.
    Posts
    3,408
    What a JOKE. But for you a blessing... a buyer who is "ready, willing & able" should NEVER be judged over the phone. The biggest objection is price in a sale, if he could not give that up, he is a flake. I hope that dude w/ the bike reads this.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright © 2005-2016 RacingJunk.com All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the RacingJunk.com
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy