First time on nitous

Old 06-16-2008, 07:08 PM
HG57
SHOW GUEST

Default First time on nitous

I am going to use a Zex Plate with a 200 shot for the first time. My question is I am leaving at 4800 and have a chip at 5000 to start the spray, I am shifting at 6500 and have a chip to shut off the spray at 6700. Is it ok to spray all the way down the track. Will take all advice thanks
Old 06-16-2008, 07:45 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

There is a lot of thinks that can determine if its ok to spray all the way. But I've did and others do it all the time, make sure there is good fuel pressure & retard the timing you'll be fine.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:48 PM
altune
MASTER BUILDER

Let me shed some light on the nitrous setups.
We ran a pro fogger on a 496 bbc last year and tried using one large pump bg400, and t's off for the nitrous gas line.
Well, We had pressure guages on both lines and it became a problem feeding the 300 shot pro fogger and the 1150 carb at the same time.
the pro fogger would steal carb fuel and the car would run lean. I tried two regulators , no change. It seems the path of least resistance is where the fuel will flow. We opted for a smaller pump and seperate gas line to feed the nitrous system and presured it to 7 psi and it was flawless.
If you are serious about the system , do youself a favor and install a seperate fuel pump and feed line.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:05 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

If it is any help i have a small block in my cuda, i have a micro switch on the linkage when i open the rear two on carb, i start spraying 200 shot untill i get off of the throttle, been doing this for years no problems yet. just make sure you have a low pressure switch on the nitrous so it will shut off if fuel pressure drops, or you will drop other items!!
Old 09-17-2012, 03:50 AM
bunzies
SHOW GUEST

Just my input.....
I have ran many hundreds of bottles of nitrous through my cars over the years. The only parts damage that has been a problem are the parts that would have been a problem without the nitrous. I run a 90 vette 6 speed car now with tpi /350. runs 11.50's all day on the bottle and 12.90's off. I have a NOS plate with the 150 shot jets. I dont retard the timing and am running off the fuel rail with a regulator for my solenoid. Works perfect and the 150 hp kit is making more like 200 plus. watch the header gaskets. They tend to go away with spray