Line Lock???

Old 06-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Default Line Lock???

I have a electrically disconnected line lock on my car that is still hooked up to the front brake system hydraulicly. All I think I have to do is put the handle/switch on my shifter & wire hot/ground... I think. Anyways, does anyone use line lock to launch?? Is it possible to accidently have a caliper stick when you touch down & veer L or R?? Should it just be used for burnout/stage? It's a footbrake only car... it still has the working brake pressure gauge hooked up too... I may as well use it I guess, but I feel cautious not having one before. Thanks!!
Old 06-14-2008, 12:03 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I use mine to launch. It's a stick car and I have to use it to keep from rolling through.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:29 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default line lock

The line lock is safe, just be sure to use a momentary switch. Do not use a regular toggle switch. You want it to work only while you hold the switch down. I have a friend who used a toggle and he forgot to release it and took a hard left when it touched down. Tore up the left front fender on the wall. ops:
Old 06-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks, I will use a grip w/ momentary switch. Never using it before, I just wondered if one caliper could ever stick or something.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:52 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Line lock

As long as the calipers are in good condition you shouldn't have any problems. If they are sticking now, replace or rebuild before you run it, even without the line lock. Better safe than sorry.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Copy. Thanks for the help!!