Race track attendence #'s down??

Old 06-10-2008, 04:30 PM
prostreet1972
JOURNEYMAN

Default Race track attendence #'s down??

Just curious if other tracks attendence number's are down? I Race at Magnolia drag strip in Magnolia, OH and our numbers are pretty low...racers and spectators.

This economy sucks and gas prices are killing our sports. The way it is going the smaller tracks are probably going to be hurting really bad and be forced to close.

I love the small 1/8 mile drag strip that I race at. Very small town and nostalgic, everybody is friendly and will help you out every chance they get. I would hate to see it close. Feel free to check out the website at..

www.magnoliadragstrip.com

And if you are ever close by please stop in over the weekend and support the track a bit.

Thanks,

Travis
Old 06-10-2008, 07:01 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

The track I've been racing at this year had a 5k to win race with $100 entry for super pro and the same deal for top sportsman last saturday. They were also running pro and ss/stock combo with higher payouts along with the jr program. I really expected the place to be packed but it wasn't. I'm sure the poor economy and high fuel prices are keeping a lot of racers home more this summer.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:47 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Couldn't tell you since all our points races have rained out so far this year. We have another this weekend we'll see what happens.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:53 AM
Bamfster
APPRENTICE

I haven't made it to a race yet....no $ for slicks, and fuel is thru the roof. Several people that I know that chase the points have had to skip races this year also.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:27 AM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

so far i have only got to go one time and broke my trans so it will be awhile befor i get to go back. but there werent many people there to watch or race. there has already been one local track close. it will be sad to have a car and no where to take it.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:27 AM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

I have not went this year, neither have many of my buddies here in austin texas
Old 06-13-2008, 05:44 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

here in marion texas we had the amalie oil nationals (march) and it was
packed and the speed channel was there, last wk end we had
the clash of the titans and the stands were empty but you should
have seen the entries, no shortage of fast cars, slowest categories
was 10 sec. index fastest was 6 sec. pro-mod, pro-street, outlaw,
cheap street, these cars brought their A game but the stands were
scares. one of the cheap street cars (8 sec index) said the price
of gas has cut their travels and drags meets in half. :cry:
Old 06-13-2008, 01:34 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by kw89425
there has already been one local track close. it will be sad to have a car and no where to take it.

Are you refering to US60 in Hardinsburg? If you are I think there's a decent chance that track will be open sometime this summer.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:22 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

My home track here in Michigan, Old US 131 Martin Dragway or now Knoll Gas Motorsports Park numbers are about the same. We have alot of diehard racers here. After a long winter that never wanted to end, so far people have found a way to afford to go racing.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:19 PM
zpi28
SHOW GUEST

I race at GeorgeRays Wildcat Dragstrip in Paragould Arkansas. We have had around 4 rainouts but the weekends its open we have had good attendance. Gas prices are hurting some of the tracks, but for $8 spectator or race who cannot afford to go.

Steven

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -