Plug recomendation

Old 06-10-2008, 07:15 AM
vincef
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Plug recomendation

Trying to select a plug for my freshly rebuilt engine - 496 BBC, 10.5:1 compression, aluminum heads, forged pistons - if it matters??? No NOS at this time.

I run a MSD Digital 6 system. Any idea what spark plugs whould be ideal to run??? Anything to definatley stay away from? Something avail at any local parts store would be key.

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I have BBC (427) similar compression, all roller, all MSD, etc... I have ran autolite & NGK while I was re-tuning changing carb & fuel system. Here is what I noticed... the plugs sucked if you are going to be doing alot of tuning!! If they foul, they are as good as garbage. Let's face it, you may foul them getting aqainted with your motor. What i did is bought Bosch Platnum plugs... I have had the motor way rich, when conventioal plugs would have fouled. Not the Bosch... best plug I ever used. I am no expert here, which is why I needed a strong plug that would not foul while I was learning.