FLOODS

Old 06-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default FLOODS

Well I just got back from my parents house...they are on vacation and we have had some very heavy rain the last few days...Well there looks to have been about a ft of water in their house at some pt today...I opened the basement stairwell door and it is full level with the ceiling in the basement...I went out to the garage(that is where I keep my cars as I don't have a garage) and oh what a mess. MY dad has a VERY NICE 1967 elCamino...full of water, My 72 Chevelle...full of water. Parts wash tank turned over spilling solvent everywhere which floated around and got inside the camino .....oil, gas smell everywhere...enough water had went in there to float a full size refridgerator up enough for it to turn over and fall On my Nova.....two Big Block Chevy engines I had sitting around have now been under water...only thing that kept my motor in the race car dry is I have it on jackstands working on the brakes....but the worst is their house, of coarse.Car stuff is least of my concern.... Home owners insurance don't cover flood damage. Their whole neighborhood was evacuated earlier today by boat....water has went way down now but damage is done. Many families lost big time in that area,...keep them in your prayers cause I'm sure it will be a rough rest of the summer now...sorry guys just venting cause I am literally sick at my stomach right now... the fun part will be breaking the news to my parents when I reach them...they are in their 70's. and went out of State to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:29 AM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

Tod74 sorry to here that,we will keep you & yours in our prays down here, if there is anyway we can help please let us know. :cry:
Old 06-08-2008, 04:45 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

tod74, man i really feel bad fpr you and your parents.when things like this happen to younger folk i think bad but they are young,they can do it again but when it happens to older folk i think about a life time of hard work and memories gone. it really tears at my heart when i hear about it happening to the elderly.dont really believe much in prayer, but for your parents i will pray for them.if there is anything we can do to help them please just let us know. the shop has 2 car trailers, we can gather up what they need and hit the road.we would be more than happy to help.man, we are so sorry for your troubles, just let us know what we can do to help and we will.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:17 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
tod74, man i really feel bad fpr you and your parents.when things like this happen to younger folk i think bad but they are young,they can do it again but when it happens to older folk i think about a life time of hard work and memories gone. it really tears at my heart when i hear about it happening to the elderly.dont really believe much in prayer, but for your parents i will pray for them.if there is anything we can do to help them please just let us know. the shop has 2 car trailers, we can gather up what they need and hit the road.we would be more than happy to help.man, we are so sorry for your troubles, just let us know what we can do to help and we will.

well said and from me as well.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:20 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks guys...Spoke to my father this A.M. needless to say they are on their way home. Looks like they will be staying with me for a good while. The hard part will be convincing my father, who is 71, that he cannot take care of that mess all by himself...he has trouble admitting that he isn't 30 years old any longer..lol. Sometimes that's good, cause it keeps him going, but sometimes that's bad...cause it keeps him GOING AND GOING AND GOING.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:30 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Default flood

Todd,
Damn sorry to hear about the flood, we have had our basement flooded in the past (although not near the magnitude of your folks). It is a very emotional event once you realize the treasures that are lost forever. One good thing though,,your family is alive and well.
Good luck my friend, I wish I could help in some way, just have no clue how to.

Rudy
Old 06-08-2008, 06:23 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to hear about this Todd, If I can help, you let me know.
Earl
Old 06-13-2008, 05:14 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Todd,
How are your folks making out? Great we hope.
Later,
Rudy
Old 06-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Tod,

Just read the post... sorry about that. It's tough to read... thinking about the damange & you mom & dad. I will pray for all of you that there will be somekind of victims assistance or something to help you all out. Really sorry- life can be so unfair. Keep your chin up. Casey
Old 06-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

As an update to this. I work in Franklin, Indiana. There was more rain today and more expected tonite. The bodyshop my wife works for was completely submerged. She said the drains were backing up this afternoon. They've completely gutted their building and are attempting to rebuild.

When I left work, water was pooling anywhere there was a low spot. This is just a bad situation.

Tod, good luck with your spot. Take care of your Pop, mine was the same way till the day he passed away. Not sure I could be any use to you but if you needed any help, I'll offer to do what I could. None of us are in good positions here lately.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -