Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: help!!!!!!!

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

help!!!!!!!

somebody tell me why all new poly mounts on motor and trans nothing is solid the driveshaft is not to long and i never made a pass almost did a burnout almost

HOLY [email protected]* WHATS BROKE NOW

oh and is it broke to far back to put an ultra bell on it and use it?

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    Well I've never heard of all poly mounts causing anything like that, although I've never tried it either. I run front and mid-motor plates with a poly trans mount and have never had a problem with that. I don't know what would have caused it but, I would think that case is garbage now It broke behind the front pump, even the sealing surface for the pumps O-ring is gone! An Ultra bell bolts to the front of the front pump.

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Please tell me more about your setup...
    What rear suspension? Leaf Springs? Pinion Angle?
    What kind of Car? How much Horsepower est.?
    That is crazy... :?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

wow

WOW, I sure am glad I saw this post! I have never used poly mounts either, was going to put them on my latest "affair" (as my wife calls them). Thinking I may pass on that idea now!!
    Good luck figuring it out.
    Rudy

Finally figured out how to resize pictures!!

ladder bar coil over about 3 degrees nova around 600. car has never made a pass i just started the burnout. i di test the transbrake twice in front of the house at 3000

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    :? Good lord.....I run a solid motor mount with a motor plate on the front and a stock rubber trans mount.. wow.....just, wow. Something is obviously wrong and it aint the poly mounts,in my opinion.

Junior Member JOURNEYMAN
    your having the same problem we are having on the 3rd 1 now we have a stroker motor with a balancer and flywheel for internal balance they are saying that might be doing it we are putting a 400 balancer and flywheel and try it again will let u know what happens if u figure yours out would like to know what it is hope u or i can get this figured out it costing alot

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    If you did it in the burnout, then I would think it has to be in the Driveshaft...Maybe a U-Joint Failed maybe the driveshaft was bent?
    There wasn't alot of load on it during a burnout. So I am guessing you had the 7/8-1" of play for the driveshaft also. I had a U-Joint Break the Rear one twice..about the finishline and it did the same thing. I would put my money on a U-Joint Failure. I don't think the mounts had anything to do with it. I run stock rubber shells on the frame and a replacement rubber trans mount. No issue's.

i put new joints in befor i went. i had it running in gear on the jack stands when i finished it shifted from low to high had no vibration what so ever.