if your trying to sell a car

Old 05-30-2008, 12:49 PM
vega34
SENIOR BUILDER

Default if your trying to sell a car

if your trying to sell a car,at least you can do is email a person back,call a person back,and send some good pictures,,not going to say no names but i've emailed and call and left messages to at least 5 guy's with not much response,,,,thanks steve
Old 05-31-2008, 04:05 AM
dgordner
JUNIOR BUILDER

Steve, It has been my experience in the years past that if you do not recieve a response the first time you contact someone about a sale, there is a problem from the get go!!! Stay away from those dealings, it will turn out bad in the end.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:21 AM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by dgordner
Steve, It has been my experience in the years past that if you do not recieve a response the first time you contact someone about a sale, there is a problem from the get go!!! Stay away from those dealings, it will turn out bad in the end.
not always i drive a truck and cant always get right back with an answer
Old 05-31-2008, 12:34 PM
vega34
SENIOR BUILDER

maybe i shoud'en of made this post,i guess some ppl are bussier than others and can't respond as quick,,,steve
Old 06-10-2008, 06:25 AM
supertruck69
SHOW GUEST

Default Not Responding

As a new member, I missed the fact that I had to check on my account everyday, and or leave a number. I sold the car locally and when I went to cancel ad I realized my mistake. Won't happen again. Just wonder how much money I left on table.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:32 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Default Availability

Men,
This is just my opinion, no reflection on anyone directly.

I will email you one time, if, and only if you have left a phone number with your ad, if no email response, I will call you directly. If you do not leave a contact number- RED FLAG time. I understand folks work for a living, but email can be checked from ANY computer that has internet access and cell phones are a dime a dozen nowadays. If you do not list a phone number, then you automatically become a suspicous character in my eyes. Why would you not want a prospective buyer to have your phone number? Something to hide? Want to avoid being bothered by the guy you crooked? There is absolutely no reason for a person not to make contact within 24 hours. Email or call me about one of my items or cars, I guarantee you a response.

I have never been ripped off, nor have I ever ripped anyone off, because I refuse to be a victim or conman. I also have never, ever lost a sale due to not communicating or lying about the condition of anything. I will NEVER sell something I think is junk. I can go as far as giving many local business folks as reference, you can find them in the Yellow Pages or call directory assistance to verify them as being true. You should really expect that out of ANYONE you want to do business, not just me. If you are not respected in your own local area, what makes you think you can earn respect elsewhere?

In closing, if they don't respond within 24 hours,screw them. It all boils down (in my opinion) to your character as to whether you want to conduct business correctly. Really pretty simple: communication.

One more thing while I am still good and ornery, put pictures in your ads. Not 2 or 3 pictures, fill it up, have more to send a buyer if requested. A man being honest can send ANY picture that is requested. I suspect we have more than 50 pictures of ALL our cars, inner rear quarter panels, rocker panels, suspensions, ANY picture you want, can send them at the click of a button. I know, I know, you don,t have time to do all that. Makes it simple for me then, I have no time or MONEY (which is why the sale is being held) to invest in your car either then.

I am not a business, just a guy that loves his rides. Every car we do, we do for ourselves, then we eventually sell them to get other toys.

Good luck and expect more!! 8)

Rudy Holloway
Landis, NC 28088
704 699 6998
Old 06-10-2008, 07:55 AM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: Availability

Originally Posted by hollowayshotrods
Men,
This is just my opinion, no reflection on anyone directly.

I will email you one time, if, and only if you have left a phone number with your ad, if no email response, I will call you directly. If you do not leave a contact number- RED FLAG time. I understand folks work for a living, but email can be checked from ANY computer that has internet access and cell phones are a dime a dozen nowadays. If you do not list a phone number, then you automatically become a suspicous character in my eyes. Why would you not want a prospective buyer to have your phone number? Something to hide? Want to avoid being bothered by the guy you crooked? There is absolutely no reason for a person not to make contact within 24 hours. Email or call me about one of my items or cars, I guarantee you a response.

I have never been ripped off, nor have I ever ripped anyone off, because I refuse to be a victim or conman. I also have never, ever lost a sale due to not communicating or lying about the condition of anything. I will NEVER sell something I think is junk. I can go as far as giving many local business folks as reference, you can find them in the Yellow Pages or call directory assistance to verify them as being true. You should really expect that out of ANYONE you want to do business, not just me. If you are not respected in your own local area, what makes you think you can earn respect elsewhere?

In closing, if they don't respond within 24 hours,screw them. It all boils down (in my opinion) to your character as to whether you want to conduct business correctly. Really pretty simple: communication.

One more thing while I am still good and ornery, put pictures in your ads. Not 2 or 3 pictures, fill it up, have more to send a buyer if requested. A man being honest can send ANY picture that is requested. I suspect we have more than 50 pictures of ALL our cars, inner rear quarter panels, rocker panels, suspensions, ANY picture you want, can send them at the click of a button. I know, I know, you don,t have time to do all that. Makes it simple for me then, I have no time or MONEY (which is why the sale is being held) to invest in your car either then.

I am not a business, just a guy that loves his rides. Every car we do, we do for ourselves, then we eventually sell them to get other toys.

Good luck and expect more!! 8)

Rudy Holloway
Landis, NC 28088
704 699 6998

well all i can say is when i have an add i have a phone # on it. being a truck driver i dont have access to a computer or internet at anytime and my cell doesnt always have service it may take me a week to get back to somebody with a question. if this throws a red flag to you then i guess there is no need for me to try to do buisness on this site for i must work to pay my bills...
Old 06-10-2008, 07:58 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Brother, if it takes a week to get cell phone service, I would consider another provider! :shock:

Sorry to upset you,just my nickels worth of wisdom.

Rudy Holloway
Landis, NC 28088
704 699 6998
Old 06-10-2008, 08:02 AM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

it doesnt take a week to get service but most people wont leave a message to call back
Old 06-10-2008, 08:15 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Likely not a serious buyer if they leave no message. Like I said, I live by my business rules and never have any problems or complaints. It is just plain ole taking care of business, if someone is not happy with doing business openly and honestly, I have no need for them or their stuff. I honestly meant no harm, but it is soooooooo simple to communicate via email or phone. 8)

Later,
Rudy Holloway
Landis, NC 28088
704 699 6998

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -