Thread: "bbchevy" Great guy to deal with.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

"bbchevy" Great guy to deal with.

Up until last week I had never exchanged pm's or anything with this guy, but he read the thread I made belly ache'n about the Milodon oil pump...
    He had a new melling race pump that he had been sitting on for years and offered to sell it to me. This is the good melling with the hex shaft and screw in pickup and billet gears....When I asked him how much he just said "We can settle on something later...maybe someday you will have something I need" and offered to send it out the next business day without payment..... :shock: We did agree to a trade but I feel he wasn't so much interested in what I had to offer as he was just trying to help a guy out. This was Monday or Tuesday and Thursday afternoon I got a box in the mail with the pump and shaft. He paid the shipping and got it to me in 2 days...and all he had from me was my word that I would send his stuff after I got the pump. I am sending him his stuff today.
    Maybe an oil pump isn't a big deal to some of ya...but for me right now it was, because I wasn't expecting to have to fix the shortblock so my budget is thin right now.

I hope I don't make him mad posting this, but I just wanted to let you guys know that with all the crooks and scumbags on the internet, that there are still good people out there. And he is one of em.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE lively's Avatar
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I can say they're both, real nice guys
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    **IN GOD WE TRUST**

make,s you feel good, knowing there are still good citizens out there.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    That is great to hear. Its nice to know there are some good hearted people out there. I know that I have met a few people on here that I would do anything for and I know they would do the same. We need more posts like this.

Chris

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE fla1976's Avatar

BBCHEVY

He's sounds like one of the regular old guys at the track. I think everyone knows who they are, the guy that will help out a fellow racer because they love the sport. You still find them at most tracks, but they arn't as plentiful. Sounds like a standup guy.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    THats GREAT to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's posted on here hasnt he??? thumbs up to bbchevy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! David.

Both my thumbs up to anyone who helps a stranger.
    Earl
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    **IN GOD WE TRUST**

Parts

Alls that i can say about something like this?
    You sure are Not going to get RICH Selling Parts?So,in a Situation like this when i can just Plain HELP someone out?The Feeling is worth WAY More than a Few Bucks!!!
    Just Hope that you are able to Use the Part,and it Works for YOU?
    This is No Lie,i bet that Pump has 3000 miles on it?From the Trips in the Box,Moves,ETC.....?
    I currently have a Deal in the Works,on a Trade for My Funny?If it works out?Maybe a Trip down to Indiana and we can Meet up at US 41 for a few Laps,and maybe a COOL Tall 1?
    Later
    G 8)

That'd be great. thanks again.

TODD