Trading

Old 05-29-2008, 07:35 PM
hotrod1024
MASTER BUILDER

Default Trading

Just thought i would try to get some info on this.I have a 68 firebird tubbed with 9inch ford ladder bar rear.Full spool with 513 gears.It dies need some sheet metal work ie lower quarters and around wheel wells and upper dash which is replacable.Interior has stock dash with 1 race seat no cage or rollbar.This car was last ran in th 80s.I had all plans on finishing with my son we just want something we can enjoy a little sooner as this car is taken apart.(Front clip)I can trade as roller or with small block 350 60 over 4 bolt main fresh from machine shop needs to be assembled.Tunnel ram with 2 450s.Would like to trade either way and was wondering what you guys might think it is worth as roller or with motor and t350 trans.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Firebird

Hey man, hate to see you give up on your car. We both kind of reached a crossroads a ways back on whether to finish what you have, in your case or rebuild my old car, in my case. Versus, purchasing another car to start as a project.

I won't say as to whether I think you have a right or wrong answer. I chose, due to not being able to find what I wanted, to go back and restore my old car. I have a daunting amount of work ahead and no, it won't be in a running state, anytime soon, next year at best. I do get the impression that it's more a case of how long it will take you get the car together rather than what the car is, that has you desiring something more complete to start over?

Trading a partially finished car is tough. Alot depends on:

a) what's been done

b) the quality of the work

c) what the vehicle is worth opposed to what YOU feel its worth ?

Honestly, this has been one of my peeves with this site, it's really hard for most of us to tell you what we think your car is worth, we have neither any attachment nor have we born any of the expense. I think, you need to arrive at a value, then be in a position to deal from there.

Good luck.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:45 PM
hotrod1024
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks Robert.Yeah i really want to finish car but with 5 kids and 2 jobs its just a little tough.I only have one boy who will be graduating in a couple of years and just cant really afford to do what needs to be done to complete.He and i want something we can enjoy a little sooner.Thanks again for advice.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:02 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

Hot rod Im in Burlington N.C. Ill help you finish it (NO CHARGE) you buy the parts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PM me if you want or call 336-227-7563. David.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:55 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Theres a nice guy with a sweet deal!
suicidebomb
Old 05-30-2008, 04:23 PM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

my hat,s off to ya racefab57.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:19 PM
hotrod1024
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks one hell of alot David.You are a great guy.I will try and round up some parts when money allows.And I will call if you give me a good time.I do want to keep car just issues with money and time.Hopefully we can talk soon and figure something out.My son also says thanks as he did not want me to get rid of car.Really appreciate your offering time to me.Thanks again.This is one of the reasons I love Racingjunk.Lots of great people.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:58 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default C@@L!

Originally Posted by Racefab57
Hot rod Im in Burlington N.C. Ill help you finish it (NO CHARGE) you buy the parts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PM me if you want or call 336-227-7563. David.
David,
Thats about the Coolest thing in the WORLD!
If i could Just HIT the LOTTO,i would'nt have to Sell my FUNNY?
Oh'well i'll keep Donating my 5-Bucks a week................
Later
G 8)
Old 05-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Helpers

Originally Posted by Racefab57
All I can say, get on the horn and talk to this guy. This being my return to this hobby, I have a few old friends that are helping me transition back. Never underestimate the value of friends in this game. The more new ones you make, the better.

One of the guys that I am involved with is building a new vehicle as well. Odds are when we get these cars back together, we'll be traveling partners.

Good luck, and get that old "Bird" back together.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:57 AM
hotrod1024
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks Robert.I am wanting do something as soon as money will allow.Beleive me i am gonna take David up on his offer.Just glad he came forward with wanting to help.