Old 05-27-2008, 10:51 PM
poncholvr
MASTER BUILDER

Default gas

$4.06 a gallon- i don't think our president wants any of us to drive :evil:
what the hell do we have to do !
can we shit some scientists ,and have them make us some good octane fuel
-hell they build ships for nasa!!

when i say good octane - i mean the lawn mower,and weed eaters,don't want to run on the local gas stations fuel
greed is killing our country in more than one way
let me guess-?? the gas will go down to $3.50, and that will be our relief,i did what i could-(smoke being blown up our a$$es)
where the hell is the expensive $2.00 a gallon gas??

theres ? 1 billion people in the usa? so theres 2.00's more per gallon- whos pocket is it going into???
1 billion people pay 1.00-,and keep paying it,now its 2.00 x ? how many years --PER GALON :evil: :evil:
where does it end--- a lock out on fuel pricing?
Old 05-28-2008, 04:31 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

It doesn't end. They know we have to have it so we will pay whatever we need to to get it...sure we can cut back on travel and driving but we all have to get to work so what ya gona do?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:51 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

shut this country down for 1 or 2 wks. dont buy gas. slowly build up a supply of food full tanks, etc. then every one stay at home. no work nothing.for atleast a week. KEEP YOUR MONEY IN YOUR POCKET. goverment would have to take action then.kinda like a modern boston tea party.but EVERYONE would have to stick together and do it so that aint gonna happen. but it does make me wonder what would happen if we did do it.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:53 PM
poncholvr
MASTER BUILDER

i remember they had a bad shut down over seas - i think in Europe,when the diesel got so high, now there fuel is 10-11 a gallon - i dont think we can take that kind of greedy $hit! here we need something to happen for the people not against the people- were all suffering over it
how much is race fuel here now???
fuel is needed just to get to work - home ect.. we will be working just to pay for our gas bills
its a necessity,and a MUST to make our nation go around
(I GOT THEM BY THE BALLS THING):evil:
I WANT IT 1.65 A GALLON!!!- AGAIN
there is limited vacationing - so there is less money being spent as well,as regular spending- economy comes to a drastic slow,is going to affect everyone
Old 05-28-2008, 08:46 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

yea , well the president just went to the saudi's and ask for more
production of crude and their answer was "were meeting the demand",
come on, if it was your oil would you want someone to ask for
cheaper oil, and for you to make less capitol? In the eyes of the arab's,
they owe us nothing, they are not our friends, we should not count
on their oil are others as well. You think hugo is our friend, he's getting
rich selling us petrolium, Citgo. Our congress is at fault, not having the
refinerys built and drilling in OUR oil rich fields, congress has vetoed
bills for drilling and for more refinerys, too late now, get ready for
higher prices, hugo chavez said he wanted $200 a barrel. we need
an alternative, and not corn, need more testing with electricity,
and alcohol, but it will never be @ a $1.50 a gal., lets get our
congress to start earning their big, they approve their raise, salary.
and start getting some relief, it's going to affect everything. :evil: :evil:
Old 05-28-2008, 09:07 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

I tell ya guy's, everyone who isn't planning ahead and making preparations for an economic colapse is making a big mistake. If you don't grow your own food start, If you don't have some dry goods stock piled do it, if you can grow food preserve it.

When gas prices get so high that people just work to by gas to get back to work, what's the point in going. More and more people will be on government assistance, businesses will fail, jobs will be lost, what food is available will be so high you can't afford it. I bet there's already people in this exact situation who can't afford to by fuel for the drive to work. If we have any kind of disaster this summer that might interupt oil production in the gulf or middle east, get ready for double digit prices.

Here is an interesting article, read it!

Another sign of the times.

Wall Street Warns Americans To Begin Stockpiling Food

Darryl Mason

Your New Reality

Thursday, April 24, 2008

The New York Times recently told its more wealthy readers to consider buying a rural cottage, or even log cabin, to ride out the water and food riots that militarised police forces are preparing and training for, and now Wall Street recommends its readers to begin stockpiling rice and cereals, not only to fend off hunger but as an investment opportunity :

Food prices are already rising here much faster than the returns you are likely to get from keeping your money in a bank or money-market fund. And there are very good reasons to believe prices on the shelves are about to start rising a lot faster.

"Load up the pantry," says Manu Daftary, one of Wall Street's top investors and the manager of the Quaker Strategic Growth mutual fund. "I think prices are going higher. People are too complacent. They think it isn't going to happen here. But I don't know how the food companies can absorb higher costs."

The latest data show cereal prices rising by more than 8% a year. Both flour and rice are up more than 13%. Milk, cheese, bananas and even peanut butter: They're all up by more than 10%. Eggs have rocketed up 30% in a year. Ground beef prices are up 4.8% and chicken by 5.4%.

You can't easily stock up on perishables like eggs or milk. But other products will keep. Among them: Dried pasta, rice, cereals, and cans of everything from tuna fish to fruit and vegetables. The kicker: You should also save money by buying them in bulk.

If this seems a stretch, ponder this: The emerging bull market in agricultural products is following in the footsteps of oil. A few years ago, many Americans hoped $2 gas was a temporary spike. Now it's the rosy memory of a bygone age.

The readers of the Wall Street Journal now know it's time to get busy stockpiling. For good reasons. Shortages of rice and other essentials are now being reported in American cities :

Many parts of America, long considered the breadbasket of the world, are now confronting a once unthinkable phenomenon : Major retailers in New York, in areas of New England, and on the West Coast are limiting purchases of flour, rice, and cooking oil as demand outstrips supply. There are also anecdotal reports that some consumers are hoarding grain stocks.

At a Costco Warehouse in Mountain View, Calif., yesterday, shoppers grew frustrated and occasionally uttered expletives as they searched in vain for the large sacks of rice they usually buy.

"Where's the rice?" an engineer from Palo Alto, Calif., Yajun Liu, said. "You should be able to buy something like rice. This is ridiculous."

"There have been so many stories about worldwide shortages that it encourages people to stock up. What most people don't realize is that supply chains have changed, so inventories are very short," Mr.Rawles , a former Army intelligence officer, said. "Even if people increased their purchasing by 20%, all the store shelves would be wiped out."

An anonymous high-tech professional writing on an investment Web site, Seeking Alpha, said he recently bought 10 50-pound bags of rice..."I am concerned that when the news of rice shortage spreads, there will be panic buying and the shelves will be empty in no time. I do not intend to cause a panic, and I am not speculating on rice to make profit. I am just hoarding some for my own consumption," he wrote.

The presidential Bush family's favourite newspaper, the Washington Times, notes the rapidly growing chaos and panic in American food industries, and the demented greed of Wall Street :

Farmers and food executives appealed fruitlessly to federal officials yesterday for regulatory steps to limit speculative buying that is helping to drive food prices higher. Meanwhile, some Americans are stocking up on staples such as rice, flour and oil in anticipation of high prices and shortages spreading from overseas.

Community Futures Trading Commission (CFTC)....regulators said high prices are mostly the result of soaring world demand for grains combined with high fuel prices and drought-induced shortages in many countries.

Costco and other grocery stores in California reported a run on rice, which has forced them to set limits on how many sacks of rice each customer can buy. Filipinos in Canada are scooping up all the rice they can find and shipping it to relatives in the Philippines, which is suffering a severe shortage that is leaving many people hungry.

While farmers here and abroad generally are benefiting from the high prices, even they have been burned by a tidal wave of investors and speculators pouring into the futures markets for corn, wheat, rice and other commodities and who are driving up prices in a way that makes it difficult for farmers to run their businesses.

U.S. wheat stocks are at the lowest levels in 60 years because worldwide consumption of wheat has exceeded production in six of the past eight years, said U.S. Agriculture Department chief economist GeraldBange . Adding to tight supplies was the back-to-back failure of two years of wheat crops caused by drought in Australia, a major wheat exporter, he said.

In addition, the diversion of one-third of the U.S. corn crop into making ethanol for vehicles has increased prices for corn and other staples such as soybeans and cotton as more acreage is set aside for ethanol production.

The upswing in prices has been exaggerated by the massive influx of investors and speculators seeking to profit from rising prices for corn, wheat, oil, gold and other commodities. Big Wall Street firms and hedge funds have taken huge positions in futures markets that once were dominated by relatively small operators such as farmers and grain-elevator owners.

Oil speculation helped drive the price of a barrel beyond $100, and now 'food speculators' are going to do the same for the food you need to buy to feed your family. And the government doesn't want to stop it happening.

Maybe they're hoping Monsanto with save the day, and bellies, of Americans with GM crops, but the 'miracle' of GM crops is turning out to be little more than clever marketing. Monsanto now admits their genetically modified crops do not actually produce higher yields of rice and grains. More food from less acreage is something they aspire to achieve, not something they can actually do yet.

Food prices will stay high simply because oil prices will never drop below $100 again. It will only ever increase, drop back a few dollars, then increase again. We're already being softened up by oil cartels and governments to expect $200 a barrel prices within the next few years.

When oil hits $150 a barrel, trucking and freight companies will start projecting big losses, and will reconsider whether it pays to service longer, less profitable routes to smaller urban population pockets. The sort of places that need nearly everything trucked in, but produce little to truck back out again. When the delivery trucks slow, or cease altogether, most supermarkets will be emptied of food within a few days.

Soaring food prices, and food shortages, are impacting across the world.

In Japan, people are trying to cope with the savage shock of shortages of staple foods, stunning rises in the price of rice and emptying supermarket shelves :

"I went to another supermarket, and then another, and there was no butter at those either. Everywhere I went there were notices saying Japan has run out of butter. I couldn't believe it.."

Japan's acute butter shortage, which has confounded bakeries, restaurants and now families across the country, is the latest unforeseen result of the global agricultural commodities crisis.

A sharp increase in the cost of imported cattle feed and a decline in milk imports, both of which are typically provided in large part by Australia, have prevented dairy farmers from keeping pace with demand.

While soaring food prices have triggered rioting among the starving millions of the third world, in wealthy Japan they have forced a pampered population to contemplate the shocking possibility of a long-term — perhaps permanent — reduction in the quality and quantity of its food.

The wealthy can only afford to buy the food that the poor cannot while that food is still available. When supplies run out, they too must either go without, grow their own or pay absurd prices for what was, only last year, so cheap.

How bad could global food shortages ultimately get? The lives of many hundreds of millions who have never known hunger before are threatened.

Will we be reduced to the pitiful state of Haitians, who have been driven by food shortages and extreme hunger to start eating the earth beneath their feet?

...the one business booming amid all the gloom is the selling of patties made of mud, oil and sugar...

"It's salty and it has butter and you don't know you're eating dirt," said Olwich Louis Jeune, 24, who has taken to eating them more often in recent months. "It makes your stomach quiet down."

The age of cheap and plentiful food, at least from supermarkets, is clearly over.

All governments need to encourage backyard, and balcony, food gardens. Houses that will never sell and are decaying can be bulldozed to make way for community farms. There are at least two or three dozen villages in England returning to thispre-20th century method of feeding the people and bringing the community together.

For city dwellers, however, even those with balcony gardens crowded with carrots, tomatoes, herbs, salad greens and citrus trees, the food staples like milk, cooking oil, butter and wheat, however, will continue to grow only more expensive.

The psychological impact for most Americans of seeing food riots in their towns and cities will be immense, and destructive.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:20 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

yes, correct, there are families that were well off are now having
to hit the food relief and some have given up driving, and more
theifs are hitting the copper and other metals to sell, now it for gas
not drugs. Y2K did not scare me like it did others, but the price of
gas and where it is going and the effect it has on life it self, and
the housing industry in the dumps, its scary :cry:
and its not going to be the same :cry:
Old 05-29-2008, 04:47 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Lets try to get congress to help us out a little.

http://www.americansolutions.com/act...b-346a1e096659

Curtis
Old 05-30-2008, 02:08 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

ponchholvr, eruope has always paid nore for fuel than we have. back when gas was going over a dollar a gallon they paid almost 4 a gallon.they have no refineries or much of a transportation system.thats why it so high now.noting has changed. there or here for that matter.it wasnt a shutdown that made it higher.companies like getty oil etc,they were the ones who opened the oil fields in camel land. it was thier money that built the rigs, set up transportation and the refineries.and or government gave it back to them. its wall street and speculaters that drive oil and food up now.we still produce more food than any other country in the world. that is our oil.and we give it away. feed our own people and let the rest eat the oil.i bet the oil wuold get a lot cheaper when they had to eat a bowl of oil insted of rice crispies. sorry about the spelling cant see good this morning.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:16 AM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

It's all about Greed. When you have an President that has an oil company in his pocket that we will suffer.. I think when Bush gets out of Office it would have to help..?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -